Topic: Odd Thursday

Thanks Bill for another great night of racing.

Re: Odd Thursday

I agree Mitch and the vintage 1/24 class looks to be a hoot.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

You're welcome guys! I'm with you Rico, I think those vintage 1/24 cars will be lots of fun!!!

Thanks Bill for letting us run the 1/24 vintage cars to get a feel for how well they are going to run. I really think the 9 volt idea is going to allow us to have better racing without (i hope) crash's and do more side by side racing with longer lap runs. I had lots of fun last night,thanks.

Odd Thursday on Saturday March 14, 2015. That's right, I have a wide open Saturday on my extremely busy retar'd guy schedule, so if you are up for some racin' come by my place on Saturday March 14. The plan is a full day of racing, starting with the traditional $4.00 breakfast at The Stagecoach Saloon. Breakfast orders go in at 10:00am, I plan to be there by 9:45am. The doors will be open at TooBad Motorplex after breakfast, 11:00am estimate. We will be racing ALL the Odd Thursday Night classes! This includes Classic Sports Car, GT, Vintage F1, Trans Am, BRM Porsche 962, and Over 50. In addition, cars will be on hand to try out for proposed new classes. If you have a certain class of car you would like to race on Odd Thursdays bring it with you. Some of the classes that have already been proposed are; Carrera 1/24, VWomps, Can Am, and variations of GT and Sports Cars. Classes will be raced in order of interest by attending racers. A race with LMP/DP/Group C has been added to this event.

I will have snacks on hand. At some point we will break for food. We can make a burger run, or whatever the crowd wants to do. There will not be any prizes or awards, just racin'. Come by whenever you want and stay as long as you want!  =====Bill

Sounds like a great time, we'll hope to be there.

"Big Smooth"

Consider this my RSVP.  I'm IN!

See you at 0945.

CK

Here's another class of car we will be running, so bring some along!!!  I know most everybody has something to fit within this class!

LMP/DP/Group C.

Hmmmmm......  If only I had a Gp C car to play with:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-n292ar2UC5U/Uy0vXJtHIaI/AAAAAAAAQc0/YMxHQiJYSKA/w1218-h685-no/DSCF5996.JPG

Amelia and her team won the "Battle of the Books" contest at school and will be representing her school in the Championship.  You ask: "Why is this important?" (Other than the obvious reason) Because it's on March 14 and we will be in Wilsonville most of the day.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Congrats to Amelia and her team!!!  Our Granddaughter did the battle of the books. Turns out our own "Hammer" started that whole thing!

Good news is we will probably still be here playin' when you get back!!!! ......hint hint.........

Chris, hey I think I've seen that car before...............from the rear!!!

Thanks again Bill for another great night of racing. 4/2

You're welcome, my pleasure Mitch!  Thanks for coming out!!!   ========Bill

Bill: Thanks for a great evening, it is always the hi-lite of my week (to have some food) to see you and be around all the fun racing people. Especially trying to figure out what sneaky tricks the Big Smooth is trying out on us. Monte con-granulation on the way you have the Cobra running, it was fun running next to you.