Topic: Winter Season Building Tips, Parts, Motors etc

Happy New Year!

I thought I would start a thread for the next season.

What are you all building?

I've started with an SCX Pro Audi with a clear(!) body. (Greg, are you for hire???)
Starting here because this is familiar for me, since I ran the SCX Pro Porsche GT with limited success. Certainly not because I have some inside info.
What are you all running and why?

So now it's time for motors- IIRC we used the Slot it motors last time for under 22K- what is everyone running?

Let's start with these questions before we go to other aspects of the build.

Re: Winter Season Building Tips, Parts, Motors etc

Howdy Andre.

I have to build at least two cars.  One for me and one for Victoria.  Since I've got probably half a dozen or more possibilities I'll need to ask her which one she wants to run but I'll be using either an Avant Slot Pescarolo or the ScaleAuto Toyota.  The AV will probably be the stock motor, it's probably enough for this class.  The ScaleAuto is where the possibilities start to come into play so I am undecided.  I have motors from Slot.It, NSR, Ninco, ScaleAuto, AV, and probably a few others that would work.

I wonder what Rico is building...

"Big Smooth"

I have several to choose amongst from various makers.  I've got a SCX Pro Audi, Scale Auto Toyota, Avant Audi, two different Spirit cars and something else I'm working on.  They all seem to run pretty close on my track but results may vary on Randy's track.  I will have to test them at Randy's and make a decision.

Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Sounds like the cars are pretty equal.

What motors fit the Avant cars? They have one at Fantasy World without a motor that looks pretty good.

I looked at FW and that car looks to take a "long can" or FK-180 motor.  The Avant motors seem pretty strong along with Slot.it and NSR but there are many varied choices for motors so I guess pick your favorite.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.