Topic: PASER Race at Inslot's Checkered Flag on January 25, 2020.
The PASER Club held it's first race for 2020 on Inslot's Checkered Flag Raceway in Vancouver. This was the second PASER race held on the track since it was moved from Aurora Oregon to Vancouver Washington. We had a very good turnout with 11 racers for the first race, which was for the NASCAR Class. The second race for the Sportscar Class was bumped up with an additional entry topping the field out at 12.
The NASCAR race consisted of two rounds of racing. Each round was made up of four 4 minute heat races. This gave each driver an actual 32 minutes of on track race time! Stewmeat and TuringJohn both experienced mechanical difficulties early and were forced to switch to backup cars. Gearloose ran an exceptionally clean race to take the win. These cars are heavy and fast! Crashes are dramatic, and damage does occur from time to time. To me this is just one more of the aspects of racing 1/24 hardbody cars that makes them appealing and exciting!
PASER NASCAR Results:
1. Gearloose 440 laps 3.945216 fastest lap in blue
2. Stewmeat 436 4.007616 blue (DQ'd - switched to backup car)
3. Turingjohn 436 3.944807 yellow (DQ'd - switched to backup car)
4. Zack 432 4.118102 blue
5. Tach. Ted 429 4.007296 blue
6. Bad Bob 428 3.897858 yellow
7, Wild Bill 419 4.054940 blue
8. Nik Nak 412 4.179445 yellow
9. Bart 376 4.499454 blue
10. Al 371 4.226575 blue
11. Mitch 267 4.827360 white
The second race was for the Sportscar Class. This race consisted of one round of racing, four 4 minute heats for a total race time of 16 minutes. Touringjohn was over his first race mechanical issues and took charge of this race early. Only 5 laps separated second pace from fifth place. It was another very close race!
Sportscar Class Results:
1. Touringjohn 232 laps 3.898347 fastest lap in yellow
2. Nik Nak 221 3.999486 yellow
3. Stewmeat 219 3.952477 blue
4. Tach Ted 217 4.007215 yellow
5. Zack 216 4.117274 blue
6. Gearloose 210 4.171638 yellow
7. Wild Bill 207 4.053884 blue
8. Al 205 4.172344 blue
9. Doc 186 4.390863 red
10. Bart 170 4.507815 blue
11. Mitch 166 4.499717 blue
12. Bad Bob 158 4.062712 blue
The attendance for this race was encouraging. I'd like to thank everyone that made it out to race at Inslot's Checkered Flag! If you have any ideas or comments that would help me improve the racing here, please send them my way! =======Bill