26 (edited by ckouba September 24, 2018 5:40 am)

Re: 2018-2019 Championship Season

docdoom wrote:

Looks like we might have to have tie breaker vote on Thursday for the 4th class

Or stick with just 3 classes for the championship.

Or you can have another vote of do we have 3 classes or 4, and then vote on the 4th class if needed.

Just thinking out loud here...

Looking at the leading classes so far, we have 3 very well established classes where everyone has a fairly well developed car.  Then there are the 4th place tie classes.

In the LMP class, we don't have a lot of people running these- same with the BRM.  As much as I'd like to see the big cars included in the championship, if we pick a class where people don't have developed cars (and where some nameless people **do**), there might possibly be a perceived advantage there, and it might not be a good class to include. 

Same argument could be made regarding the LMP class.  We haven't had people develop cars and we haven't vetted the class rules, so it might be a little risky to have it as a class this year.  Maybe we can start the proposal for next year's championship classes with BRM and/or LMP and let this year be the other three?

I won’t be there on Thursday but I vote BRM

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

I may or may not be there on Thursday (wine tasting in the Washington wine country), but I vote BRM as well.

29 (edited by docdoom September 24, 2018 7:08 pm)

LMP Era (LMP) - Full fendered sportscars from 1994 through current, 22k motor limi
Lmp is is a very large class from slot it lolas and Audi 8, McLaren F1 GTR, Nissan R39, Porsche 911 GT1,Panoz LMP-1 Roadster to most of the modern gt cars.it would be cheaper and easy to get and set up a car.

The secondnidator

30 (edited by ckouba September 24, 2018 7:06 pm)

LMP is actuallly a subset of the GT class, basically from 1994 onward, with the roof requirement removed (which applies to all sportscar classes: PGE, GFX, & LMP).  Basically, if it has fenders and raced post-1993, it's in.

As Doc said, there are excellent offerings from Slot.It, NSR, Scaleauto, Avant Slot, Ninco, and MR Slotcar, and even some mediocre performers from Scalextric and Carrera if you're looking to challenge yourself or build your own chassis with a nice looking body on top.

As an aside, our current GT3 cars qualify in this class, but would likely be knives at the proverbial gunfight knowing what level of performance the other brands are capable of.

In addition, despite the name of the class being "LMP", any style cars are eligible- LMP, GT, etc...  For example, Al's NSR Corvette would be a good runner here, even though it's not an LMP car.  Just that it is fendered and ran after 1993.

I think most of us have BRM's, it's just that not everyone sticks around after class to run them for fun.

I'm not sure where I'll be Thursday, I'm just glad to be vertical at the moment.
I think I like the idea of LMP basically because the class is so broad that almost everybody has something that will fit. Granted with the variety of Manufacturers the performance is all over the place but that seems to happen with just about whatever we decide to race, as least everybody has a starting point without having to go shopping first.

Mitch58 wrote:

I'm not sure where I'll be Thursday, I'm just glad to be vertical at the moment.
I think I like the idea of LMP basically because the class is so broad that almost everybody has something that will fit. Granted with the variety of Manufacturers the performance is all over the place but that seems to happen with just about whatever we decide to race, as least everybody has a starting point without having to go shopping first.

You doing ok Mitch? hope you not having any health issues.....

The secondnidator

Health issues? Nothing big Doc, I only had a stroke last week. Improving quickly. Neurologist has to release me to be able to drive. Chris is my chauffeur at the moment. I've had my own wheels and the wide road every day since my 15th birthday so this is very strange.

You'll need to show that "release" at the next race Mitch!...........

Seriously though, really glad you're doing so well on your recovery!

Mitch58 wrote:

Health issues? Nothing big Doc, I only had a stroke last week. Improving quickly. Neurologist has to release me to be able to drive. Chris is my chauffeur at the moment. I've had my own wheels and the wide road every day since my 15th birthday so this is very strange.

Damn that nothing to joke about.. Wish you a fast recovery there Mitch

The secondnidator

Here's to a speedy and full recovery

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Mitch, so sorry to hear that!! Here's to a speedy and full recovery!

38 (edited by docdoom September 27, 2018 9:33 pm)

Great  night of racing thanks for hoisting once again Al.
1St night out with the new rules with div one cars. I thought they all were very evenly matched.
Loved the new AMG merc. very smooth runner straight out of the box. fy the top 3 were all scaley amg's

The voting has closed for the 2018-2019 Championship season classes and the winners are...................

Class 1 Div II
Class 7 - Can Am
Class 8 - Le Mans Classics
and for the 4th class with last minute surge at the voting station...
Class 9 - GT3 - Scaley GT3
There you have it folks.So pull out your championship cars get those last minute tweaks for that extra tenth and lets get racing....

The secondnidator

So with that done what going to be 1st......

The secondnidator

Not what, who.  wink

"Big Smooth"

kidvolt wrote:

Not what, who.  wink

No I ment what would the 1st class be run the champion ship

The secondnidator

I know, just funnin' with you.

"Big Smooth"