Topic: Chassis Building Classes

Subject: Hardbody Chassis Building Class

Racers, I made contact with Bob McFarland about having some 1/24 chassis building classes. Bob has been very busy this summer but he said he would be in "full slot car mode" in a couple weeks. What I'd like to find out is who and how many racers would be interested in attending some classes for building 1/24 hardbody chassis (I'm not talking about an exercise program here. Hardbody as in 1/24 scale model car bodies). If this is something you'd be interested in, shoot me an email, and please include when you would be able to attend (what days, times, etc.). The last classes Bob put on that I attended were on a weeknight. The classes were very interesting, fun, and I learned a lot!  ---------------------------Bill

Re: Chassis Building Classes

Bill- Aj and I would like to try and attend but as always finding time in the schedule is tough.  My wife's work schedule is always in flux .  Due to the broken arm it has been a little easier to deal with but I don't know when she wiill be back to evening shifts. Basically, if/when the class gets scheduled, I will have to try and work things out.

Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Sounds good Rico, I'll put you guys down. I'm not sure when Bob will want to hold class, but I was thinking probably a week night. I'll let you know more when I find out more.........Broken arm? You or the wife?????  --------------------Bill

Hers, but she is on the mend and only has a brace but still is on limited duty until she completes physical therapy.

Rico

Phwew, I was thinking maybe it was your "race" arm.....of course that could have been an advantage for the rest of us!!!!  ----------------------Bill

Hey ya'll, I had lunch with Bob McFarland yesterday and we talked about the chassis building class. Bob said he will be happy to do the classes, but it will have to wait for a couple months. October is pretty much filled with the Porsche 962 Enduro at Howie's, and November is really busy for Bob with yard work. I'll keep everyone posted. You won't want to miss Bob's classes!   ---------------------Bill

Yes, you want to be there.  Last time Bob helped me build a killer chassis.  I've got two more bodies that need a chassis, looking forward to it!

"Big Smooth"

I can't wait..............

Rico

Racers, Bob has a "Pit Area" forum on the OSCAR website. I posted a message asking him if he had any updated info regarding chassis building classes. You can keep tabs here: http://oregonmodelracing.com/oscar_foru … 4&t=39  ------------------------Bill