Topic: The NASTE chassis!
Alright guys, I am making progress on getting the Scholer Pantera model loaded into CAD.
I want to get your guys input on necessary changes to the design to better suite our cars and builds. Here is a list of the changes I already plan on employing. Let me know if there are any other changes you think would make this the best bet for us.
1. The main brass plate will be made out of .063 brass plate, so shimming for pans will no longer be necessary.
2. All hardware will be switched to 2-56, I can get 100 SS screws for $6.
3. H-plate for body will be made of steel, to resist bending and need to reinforce.
4. All brackets will be 18ga mild steel, I will probably plate them to resist rust.
5. Bearing bores will be changed 1/4, to allow direct installation of 3/32 bore axle bushings.
6. Motor cooling hole pre-cut in chassis main plate.
These are the plans. I will be producing 1 prototype with the necessary changes as soon as the file is ready, then going about trying to price them to be manufactured. I have a target goal of $75 for the kit.