Topic: GT class change to Sports Car Era classes

All,

I checked the calendar last night to see what we're running this week and noticed that it was still listed as GT for one of the classes.  Part of our rules revision exercise last year was a request to group the eligible cars into chronologically similar buckets, and a proposal was made which was then ratified.  I asked Bill if he could start swapping in the new classes sometime soon, so he did...

...so we're starting this week.

As a brief refresher, there are three categories.  Here is a summary of what they are and how they are defined:

Pre-Ground Effect (PGE) - Full fendered vehicles, with or without a roof, from 1968 through 1980.  This picks up where Classics shuts down.

Ground Effects (GFX) - Full fendered vehicles, with or without a roof, from 1981 through 1993.

LMP (LMP) - Full fendered vehicles, with or without a roof, from 1994 through present. 

I assume we'll be pretty flexible with cars fitting categories initially, but everyone who might not have a dedicated entry but who has a Can Am car now has an entry for this round (open top cars are now in the bucket).

If this is all too soon and we want another go around prior to implementing, that's fine too.  I want to get a line in the sand though and move toward the classes that we decided to put effort into reconstructing.

Chris

Re: GT class change to Sports Car Era classes

I made a couple edits in the rules pertaining to the GT Class, and that it has been superseded by the Sportscar Era Classes. Under Class 2 -  GT you will be directed to refer to classes 15 through 17 for the current rules. I hope this will provide some clarification.

Damn I dont have one of those. looks like my gt 40 will be doing double duty  Thursday. going be little under powered  for the gt class

The secondnidator

I got cars that will fit into a couple of these. Except for the 81-93. I am assuming Group C cars will be the go-to for that class. I know Al already has a smoking fast one.

Zack

Yep...  I'd expect Gp C cars to be fairly dominant in this category.  Slot.Its are imminently tunable and extremely affordable and would be a great entry in this class.

6 (edited by Wanabgts February 5, 2019 8:30 am)

Question about PGE. I am assuming we will be able to run the non-thunderslot Can am cars in this portion of the series?

(whoops, I should read more thoroughly)

If not my classic 2 car is going to get a workout!

Zack

That's correct.  Can Am cars are eligible for this category.

These are ready for the PGE era GT Class.

Post's attachments

51449287_10216655457473436_8462521479471300608_o.jpg 124.36 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

9 (edited by ckouba February 6, 2019 3:22 am)

Mitch58 wrote:

These are ready for the PGE era GT Class.

http://naste.org/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=86&download=0

Looking good Mitch!  Will be interesting to see how the Racer 250LM does but I know that NSR P68 will be quick- or is that a Racer too?

No, this one is the NSR. I build a black and gold Racer but it's heavier than this one. I took out all of the lead out of the 250LM, it seems to handle well on my track, we'll see how it runs at Al's tomorrow.