1,201

(0 replies, posted in BSCC)

BSCC SCX GT Rules

Eligible Cars:

Ferrari- 360 Modena, 550 Maranello, 599 Fiorano- all decorations
Corvette C6R- all decorations
Aston Martin DBR9- all decorations
Porsche 911 Cup- both the standard release and the Pro car- all decorations
BMW 320i WTCC- all decorations
Morgan Aero 8- all decorations
Seat Leon- all decorations
Volvo S60R- all decorations.
Alfa Romeo 156- all decorations
Honda Accord- all decorations
Seat Cupra- all decorations
Aston Martin Vantage
Seat Toledo- when released

Body/Chassis:

Stock interior and glass must be in place.
No cutting of chassis/interior is allowed for weight removal, minor trimming to install SCX Pro Parts is allowed but only enough to allow correct installation.
Wings must be present at start of race.
Working lights are optional but all lamp hardware must be left in place.
Body screws may be loosened for body flex.
Screw holes must be covered with tape
.040 minimum track clearance.
No traction magnet allowed
Brass or lead weight must be inside body/chassis. Weight minimum is 85 grams, maximum weight is 105 grams
Gluing of motor pod and/or soldering of motor legs is allowed.
Tape may be applied to the chassis to limit motor pod travel. Light sanding may be done around motor pod to allow pod travel.
A Pro SCX motor pod may not be cut into a non-Pro car.
Wheels/tires cannot protrude outside the body more than 1mm
Braids are allowed to be rewoven. Any brand of braid is allowed

Motor:

RX-42B with noise suppressor attached.

Gearing:

Stock pinion that comes with RX-42B (9 tooth)
Stock or SCX PRO crown gear (27 tooth only)
Stock or SCX PRO axles

Wheels:

Stock or SCX PRO

Tires:

Stock front tires
Slot.it SIPT17 rear tires

1,202

(26 replies, posted in BSCC)

Eligible cars:

Ferrari 512S- Any version, long tail (coda lunga), short tail, spyder even the Playboy versions if so desired.

Lola T70

Chevron B19

Chevron B21

Porsche 908/2, 908/3, 908 Flunder

Porsche 917K, 917LH (long tail), 917 Spyder, 917 Flunder?,  Please NO 917-10 CanAm

Ford GT-40

Ferrrari 250LM kit

Any other Fly Classic car with the motor pod like the ones listed above.


Modifications:

Minor blueprinting of chassis and body.  ie light sanding for clearance issues. Stock motor pods required.

Stock Fly blackstripe motor.  It is permissable to cut off excess shaft to avoid tire clearance issues. Some motors apparently do not have a black stripe. If a non blackstripe motor is found to be excessively fast then it must be changed to a black stripe motor. One exception is the black endbell motor found in the Ferrari 250LM.

Stock gear ratio only but changing brands is allowed. Ratio 11t pinion, 36t spur

No magnets of any kind (except in the motor for you smart asses and you know who you are)

Stock wheels front and rear

Stock front tires

Spec rear tire- IndyGrips 3003 to fit Fly Classic

Converting stub axles to straight axles or bushing the stub axles with brass

Lead or brass weights are allowed
No exposed weights.  All weights must be inside chassis.

Any guide flag that does not require extensive chassis modification (ie Slot.it for stock guide is ok.)

Any brand of braid and lead wire.

.040 minimum ground clearance


Still open for discussion as people have raised concerns: I think these should be decided by the group.

1) Whether or not aluminum wheels should be allowed.  If we decide to allow aluminum wheels then I think they must use inserts-preferably the correct ones for the car.  One other thing to consider is that the IG3003 may not fit all the aluminum wheels available so then other sizes would be required.  I am not at this time in favor of making this builders choice in this area.  Way too many choices that can lead to the Slot.it syndrome.  Maybe restrict the size to 15 X 10 or 15 X 8 or spec wheel would keep the choices to a minimum.

2) Whether or not to allow non stock gear ratio's.  Stock ratio is 11t pinion and 36t spur. I think the question is do we want to have fun, close racing or try to turn the cars into rocketships where the best engineer wins.

3) It has also been brought up that the stock front tires are less than desirable, but they do sand and can be made to function.  Everyone is in the same boat here and other than some stability in the corners they don't do very much as most of the weight is on the guide. The allowed solid front axle or brass bushings for the stubs cure most of the ills.

4) Minimum/Maximum weight limits or none at all


That's all I have for now.  Maybe a hand out and a short meeting at the next race?

Rico

1,203

(26 replies, posted in BSCC)

During the race on the 8th I got involved in a duel with Randy for the heat win that cost me at least one overall race position maybe two due to the closeness of the results.  The reason- fuel management.  I was concentrating on my race and my teamate was distracted by something else (marsahalling or ?) and I ran out of fuel, losing one to two laps before I figured it out and was able to refuel.  Some would say it adds realism that real drivers have to attend to, but I disagree.  Real racers have teams and team managers to make the decision on when/if to stop.  It was very close to the end of the heat and any real race team would have the option to gamble on having enough fuel to make it to the end.  I had no choice other than to keep not getting laps counted, forcing me to stop and costing me unnecessary laps lost.  That's my reality on fuel management.  I don't think it would take rocket scientist to figure out MY OPINION on fuel management.

Rico

1,204

(26 replies, posted in BSCC)

George-  Yes, everything outlined in the article is allowed under my original post.

Rico

1,205

(26 replies, posted in BSCC)

OK, after some further research, the GT40 and the 250LM are in.  I finally found a review on the 250LM and it should run fairly close to the Fly Classics.  It might be a little on the slow side according to the reviiew, but the more they raced it the better it got, so in the end it was less than a tenth of asecond per lap slower.

Rico

1,206

(8 replies, posted in Track)

Glad to have ya onboard Mel, we need more craziness around here and I think your the man for the job.

Rico

PS- that's a mighty nice lookin track- is that by any chance one that will be used in the SCX proxy?

1,207

(6 replies, posted in BSCC)

AJ will be at his high school senior pilgramage and is forced to scratch.

Rico

1,208

(26 replies, posted in BSCC)

wb0s wrote:

Will the races for the next season utilize the stupid pit stop B.S.?

---------------------------Bill

I don't know at this time, although I would prefer straight up racing with no BS but the decision is not entirely mine.

Rico

1,209

(26 replies, posted in BSCC)

One other topic of interest is the race format to used.  Randy wants to use the SCX GT cars and the Fly cars in the same season.  I see three possible formats-  Half the season with each car, every other race or one heat of each every race night.  Let us know what sounds good to you.  I prefer one of the last two myself.

Rico

1,210

(26 replies, posted in BSCC)

Bill- Yes, the 908 is the type of car with the pod.  I have no idea which is superior, too bad you don't have a track to try them on and get an idea of the performance between the two.  I'm just trying to avoid the Slot.it scenario where everyone ends up with an identicle car or where you have to go spend more $ every few weeks to keep up with the Jones'.  If they are fairly equal then I don't see why we couldn't race them.  I will need a couple of box stock car to compare and then let the group make a decision.

1,211

(26 replies, posted in BSCC)

Well Bill- That was kind of the point of this whole thing was to find out what people wanted to do with this class.  I have recieved one email and that is it, but it had some separate issues.  By strict definition the GT40 and the 250LM would be out because they don't have the separate motor pod,  but I was afraid the car choices would be somewhat limited so decided to let the people make the decision.  I'm fairly sure the Ford would use the same motor as the others, but I'm not sure about the 250LM as it is quite a bit newer and may have a more powerful motor.  I would like to try a stock GT40/250LM against some of the other cars to get an idea of any performance differences.

Rico

1,212

(11 replies, posted in Events)

I wish I could

Rico

1,213

(26 replies, posted in BSCC)

Since I was put on the spot at the last race concerning the proposed Fly Classic class for next winter I have been doing some research and some thinking.  Yeah, I know, there I go thinking again, but this is what I have come up with:

Eligible cars:

Ferrari 512S- Any version, long tail (coda lunga), short tail, spyder even the Playboy versions if so desired.
Lola T70
Chevron B19
Chevron B21
Porsche 908/2, 908/3, 908 Flunder
Porsche 917K, 917LH (long tail), 917 Spyder, 917 Flunder?,  Please NO 917-10 CanAm style.
Any other Fly Classic car with the motor pod like the above cars that I may have missed.

To be discussed:
Ford GT40, Ferrari 250LM kit, Porsche Carrera 6.  These cars do not have the motor pod but are correct for the time period.  Let's talk about these.

Modifications:

Minor blueprinting of chassis and body.  ie light sanding for clearance issues.
Stock Fly blackstripe motor.  It is permissable to cut off excess shaft to avoid tire clearance issue.
Stock gear ratio only but changing brands is allowed. Ratio 11t pinion, 36t spur
No magnets of any kind (except in the motor for you smart asses and you know who you are)
Stock wheels at this time but this can be open for discussion
Converting stub axles to straight axles or bushing the stub axles with brass
Spec rear tire to be decided
Lead or brass weights are allowed
No exposed weights.  All weights must be inside chassis.
Any guide flag that does not require extensive chassis modification ie Slot.it for stock guide.
Any brand of braid and lead wire.

That's all for now- let's see some discussion

Rico

1,214

(41 replies, posted in Slot Talk)

You'll be back at the drinks soon? oh dishes

1,215

(41 replies, posted in Slot Talk)

Howie that was a Slot.it brand 962 with an inline motor pod.  My sidewinder 962 did not feel as stable as the inline car.  I tried my Lancia LC2 and my McLaren F1 GTR inline cars and both of those were very good. 

Rico

1,216

(62 replies, posted in Rapid Raceway)

Can anyone tell me if the Tamiya Mercedes CLK-GTR is a one piece body or if it is multiple pieces?

Thanks
Rico

1,217

(41 replies, posted in Slot Talk)

Irish Coffee???

1,218

(62 replies, posted in Rapid Raceway)

wb0s wrote:

Gary Smith has a bunch of spur gears for sale

AJ and I have decided to give this class a try.  I have two chassis and related parts on the way.  We are still deciding what bodies to buy.  Being new to this kind of racing I would appreciate any kind of help regard gearing, ratio's etc.  I understand that Gary Smith has spur gears for sale, but I have no way to contact him.

Thanks
Rico

1,219

(41 replies, posted in Slot Talk)

MMMMMMMMM........................Mai Tai's

1,220

(41 replies, posted in Slot Talk)

wb0s wrote:

Workin'?...............who's workin"??????

Aren't you da one gettin "pruney" doing the dishes? Sounds like work to me....

Rico

1,221

(51 replies, posted in NASTE)

Any more news on the Parma hybids?

1,222

(41 replies, posted in Slot Talk)

howieandsandy@yahoo.com wrote:

Bill, I hope you are done doing the dishes by then!!!

Not if he keeps drinking while he's working.....

Rico

1,223

(41 replies, posted in Slot Talk)

Your credit card has beeb declined sir.  I'm afraid you'll have to pay cash or work it off!

1,224

(41 replies, posted in Slot Talk)

That's ok with me, you're buying!   How about "Wretch"?

1,225

(41 replies, posted in Slot Talk)

I'll have a Bloody Mary, a steak sandwich and....a steak sandwich and put it on the Bostic account...oh...and give yourself a generous tip.

Rico aka "Fletch"