Topic: First Sunday : March - 2019

Thanks to all the racers that came out for food and entertainment.

Racing...  well, that didn't work out as planned.  If it could go wrong it pretty well did but we'll have it all fixed up by next time.

Honest...

"Big Smooth"

Re: First Sunday : March - 2019

Spent a few minutes with the track program and found the issue.  Knew it had to be something simple...

Since it was a new installation and I had to add both names and cars - must have an individual car for each driver - I only added in enough to cover the assembled multitude however I left as one of them the default entry.

Bad idea...  Causes no end of issues.  No end.

Will be adding a sh*t load of cars to make sure we don't see that one in the future.

IWANNABECRAZY!

"Big Smooth"

What program are you using Monte?

Can't wait to do some racing on the wood track next time! Regardless I had fun putting some laps in and trading paint with Doc.

Zack

Bill - Ultimate Racer 3.0.

We have found that the Race Coordinator program drops the power as you have seen at Al's, also at Mitch's I hear.

So I installed it here to test and it didn't take very long before I saw the same issue.

I then went back to UR 3.0 and never see the issue.  So if you want to use a parallel (printer) port for lap counting and power control, don't use Race Coordinator.

"Big Smooth"

What program does Bryan use at his HO track?

UR 3.0 I believe.  He used to use that "lesser" program that only knows a single heat.

I've talked with the Race Coordinator guy.  He had little interest in the parallel port portion and I guess it shows.  I've also had conversations with Ricky - mista UR - and he has never been anything but responsive and helpful.

Although UR 3.0 does come at a small price, it seems more robust than the free RC offering.

"Big Smooth"

I will have to check it out. I plan to make changes to Inslot's Checkered Flag so I have an option of running a more modern program. I want to find a program that has the capability to control each lane individually, since there are relays for each lane already installed on the track.

Yes, it will do that.  It allows for a relay on each lane of the three I have set up here.  I'm sure it was designed for fuel so "out of fuel" would require a relay to turn off the power for that lane.

"Big Smooth"

I have Race Coordinator on my track using what I believe is a parallel/printer port connection and have not had any shut down issues. Have I just been lucky?

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Seems so.  Maybe you need to update your software.

"Big Smooth"