Re: This is the Sportsman page.

those look like there a blast to drive....... might have to look into building one or two of those.

The secondnidator

Results of the Jan. 12th. 2019 race:

1.  Gearloose......................379 laps.
2.  Blake............................379
3.  Ted..............................375
4.  Howie...........................371
5.  Bob..............................369
6.  Bryan...........................369
7.  DC Dynamo...................354
8.  Bill...............................353
9.  Terry............................352
10. Rico............................345
11. Beau...........................332
12. Marty..........................149

Thank you for the fine reporting Bill

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

You are most welcome Rico!

Yes,   great pics and video!  Almost as much fun to go back and review the race ... as the race itself.  In watching the video, it reminds me that I need to adopt a slightly less aggressive approach to my driving. My cars are fast ... but my right forefinger is off the pace and inconsistent. Maybe I should try my LEFT forefinger? Nah,  just more laps and pulling back a tenth of so on my E.Ts should do it. 

Here is a pic of my Sportsman.  I think I did see a 4.5 lap time for it! (I made the rear motor/axle bracket a bit too wide for stock rear tires!)

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/DCDynamoSportsman.jpg

Post's attachments

Sportsman version 2.JPG 766.07 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hmm,  looks like the picture didn't display properly ... but clicking on the link opened it up?

Very nice chassis DC!

I fixed the photo for you by uploading it to the website. It did display fine by clicking on the link you supplied.

wb0s wrote:

Very nice chassis DC!

I fixed the photo for you by uploading it to the website. It did display fine by clicking on the link you supplied.

Thanks Bill ..... been building metal chassis for slot racing for many decades. The heavy chassis' for scale hard bodies are a relatively new experience tho ... that I am still figuring out how to build a better mousetrap. The bar is set pretty high for car performance in this group.

I forgot to say .... the 80 watt Weller soldering iron I just bought worked fantastic to heat up the thick brass plates and flow the solder quickly. Keep the tip tinned with solder and frequently dip the tip into a small paint jar of liquid soldering acid. That really wakes up the iron and it goes to 900 degrees and stays there a few minutes while I do my prepared joints.  Then I pull the plug to cool off the tip often after a few solder joints  ... and re-tin or re-dip before it cools off too much.

Thanks for the soldering tips DC. I struggle with the soldering of chassis!

Tonight was the last race for the Sportsman Class this season, we switch to NASCAR for the second half. As usual it was a blast!
Thanks Howie!

Cruisin' through the pits before the race:
http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_7558.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_7559.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_7561.jpg

Racers getting in some practice laps:
http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_7560.jpg

Results of the Jan. 26, 2019 race:

1.   Ted...........................382 laps.
2.   Blake........................382
3.   Gearloose..................381
4.   Bob..........................373
5.   DCDynamo................370
6.   Terry.........................361
7.   Bill............................361
8.   Bryan........................339
9.   Rico..........................338
10. John..........................331
11. Howie........................276

The competition is really heating up in this class! It is a lot of fun racing with a laid back atmosphere.

Thanks for all who race here and make it fun.

Thank you Howie for providing us with an awesome place to gather and track to race on!

What Bill said. I've enjoyed venturing into these waters, it's been fun and very competitive.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Love this track, love these cars. I actually made it through a heat without crashing! Thanks to everybody, especially Howie, for a fun night.

Great fun and great people!    yes thank you  Howie for providing a great place to hang out and  race.

"Due to economic cutbacks,the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"

Terry, I have been having fun racing with you in this class! It seems we are very closely matched! The race before this one I beat you by less than a full lap, this time we tied but you were faster! This is fun stuff!

Have you been able to get hooked up for the NASCAR Class yet?

I must admit .... Sportsman is more fun than I thought it would be.  A basic brass chassis and heavy body makes for a driving challenge but we can get surprisingly aggressive in the corners. Next goal is to lower my fall outs .. especially when trying to overtake the guy next to me!

I noticed you upped your game this race DC! You increased your lap total by 16 laps over the previous race!

Bill, we have been darn close and it has been fun. Bought a Nascar body, but doubt I have a chassis that will run with the big boys!

That makes two of us Terry! But it is still fun! I modified a chassis I had with a Flexi angle winder motor mount/axle mount. I'm still working on it after five or six races. It's not great but it gives me something to compete with!

Big wheel Nascar is automatically my favorite class of car ..... due primarily to the allowing of angle or sidewinder motor design and installation. They look fast just sitting there waiting for the start of the race.

wb0s wrote:

I noticed you upped your game this race DC! You increased your lap total by 16 laps over the previous race!

There is something to be said for staying in the slot during the race.  I am trying to pass that info down to my trigger finger but it is a slow process.  A better car tuneup also helps!

Results of the Nov. 2, 2020 Late Model Sportsman race:

1st.   Blake.............................372 laps.
2nd . Gearloose......................363
3rd.   DC Dynamo....................361
4th.   Marty..............................357
5th.   Beau..............................352
6th.   Howie............................345
7th.   Ted................................322
8th.   Bob................................319
9th.   Zack...............................312
10th. Al...................................273
11th. Bill.................................265
12th. Mitch.............................258
13th. Scott  DQ.