Topic: Fray in Ferndale 2019

The 2019 Fray in Ferndale is scheduled for February 28th through March 2nd. It is the largest slot car racing event in the nation, ironic since HO is the smallest of the car scales raced.

This year I'm looking to be a "mooch" racer as I have no HO cars that are competitive for the event. However, with any luck finding it, I should have a suitable controller to race with.

Anybody else interested in attending this year?

Re: Fray in Ferndale 2019

I have my hotel reservation!

I have a vacant seat if anyone is interested in going down for this year's Fray!

Sadly, I am cancelling my Fray trip for this year.

Bummer, I know how badly you wanted to go.  Mother Nature can be so cruel sometimes.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Yeah between the weather and sickness here at home, it just didn't play out this year.

Just saw a Facebook post from Mike Leech. The South Bay Team won the Fray in Ferndale this year. Mike finished 24th out of 80 in the individual race, and finished 36 today in the team standings. The Oregon Team finished 10th with three wins, one tie, and the rest were losses. Mike said: "we had two or three guys with very little experience we would have done much much better."

I regret missing this race. Hopefully next year things will come together and I can attend. If you've never attended the Fray and think you might like to give it a try, put it on your calendar now and let's get a plan together! It is a fun event to attend!