with a Tifosi IROC Challege.

I have not seen a IROC style race with the
Oscar Club and think it may have
real potential to include more racers
by removing the variable of chassis availability,
which appears to be one of the more
restricting components for Oscar.

Thank you very much for your efforts and I know
anyone who comes is going to have some fun.

David

Re: Tifosi Challenge

So Dave, what happened? When my name is used to promote something, I expect some action to see things through, or at least a real good excuse as to why it didn't take place. I agreed to have the race and that was the last I heard. The season is pretty much over.

I agree.  IROC is the perfect format to exhibit a new format so everyone can give it a try without having to make a firm commitment.

"Big Smooth"

But it is also lots of trouble, time, and expense to build four cars to see if racers are interested. I'm glad I didn't build four Hot Rods, three guys built four cars ( I built two ) and nobody was interested. In fact they were laughed at by a few despite the fact we installed sealed super sixteens. They ran great and handled good and did not touch wheels and fly all over the area as a few had predicted. For us who raced them, it was a lot fun. But if you don't have a following, the class is over. The four cars are still in existence......mmmm.

5 (edited by howie November 24, 2013 7:36 pm)

mmmmmmmmmmmm..................Flash forward to 2013!! After Dave went into hiding, this Hot Rod class was re-named Early Modified. For us who race them, they are fun. Open wheels are not the monster that some say they are, they handle well and are as fast or a tad faster then the Econo/Sportsman as their chassis are the same design.

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/EarlyModifiedTrueScale.jpg