Topic: Race at Autodromo Rossa Colline?

Hey gang —

Now that I have the track working, I'd like to host a race. How does Saturday, September 29 sound? Or Friday, Sept. 28?

And what time would suit everybody?

Here are directions from both north and south:

Directions from Portland (PDX) Airport North:
Start by going northwest on NE Airport Way, taking Airport Way toward the Departures/Ticketing/CheckIn/Valet Parking. Keep left at the fork to continue on Airport Way. In 2.37 miles, merge onto I-205 South toward I-84/Portland/Salem. In 3.07 miles, merge onto I-84 West (Exit 21B) toward Portland. In 5.44 miles, merge onto I-5 South (exit is on left) toward Salem/Beaverton. Stay on I-5 for 7.77 miles until Exit 294 toward Tigard/Newberg. Take the exit and merge onto Oregon 99W South. In 16.5 miles, turn right onto N Main Street in Newberg (Oregon 240). Go 3 tenths of a mile on Main Street, then bear left onto W Illinois Street (Oregon 240). Stay on Oregon 240 for another 2.03 miles until you see a blue sign with four nearby wineries (i.e. Roco, Four Graces); this will indicate the turnoff for Red Hills Road. Turn left onto Red Hills Road (watch for traffic from the left; it's kind of a blind corner). Go about a half mile on Red Hills Road, then turn right onto Herring Lane. Neighborhood directions are below.

Directions from I-5 South:
Take I-5 North toward Portland. When you reach Exit 278 (Ehlen Road NE), exit and turn left onto Ehlen Road. Follow Ehlen Road for 7.04 miles until you reach River Road NE (it will be a "T" intersection). Turn right on River Road (Oregon 219) and follow it for 4.28 miles until you reach N Villa Road (you will bear right at rear of Walgreens and turn left at the light to merge onto Oregon 99W going South). In about 8 tenths of a mile, turn right onto N Main Street in Newberg (Oregon 240). Go 3 tenths of a mile on Main Street, then bear left onto W Illinois Street (Oregon 240). Stay on Oregon 240 for another 2.03 miles until you see a blue sign with four nearby wineries (i.e. Roco, Four Graces); this will indicate the turnoff for Red Hills Road. Turn left onto Red Hills Road (watch for traffic from the left; it's kind of a blind corner). Go about a half mile on Red Hills Road, then turn right onto Herring Lane. Neighborhood directions are below.

Re: Race at Autodromo Rossa Colline?

I should be able to make either day.

"Big Smooth"

Monte, could you send out this info to the mailing list?

Yes, I will.

"Big Smooth"

Where are the "Neighborhood directions"?

6 (edited by stumbley September 1, 2018 10:16 am)

To all:
"Neighborhood Directions"

Once you've reached our neighborhood:
Our major crossroads are Hwy 240 & Red Hills Road.  On Herring Lane, there are three speed bumps and only the first two are marked (the third is at the crest of the 2nd hill).  If traveling by GPS, it may be incorrect and will claim you've arrived about 1/4 mile before you truly have.  We are located almost at the end of the lane on the left-hand side (white picket fence/gated entrance with grape motif).

We are at 19560 NE Herring Lane. There will be a sign reading "Ulrich-Smith". We have a gated property; the gate code is 1956#, and it opens toward you, please ensure that you don't pull too far forward, or the gate will hit your car. You can tell you've reached our property by looking at the gate—it has a grape motif in a circle. There are ten trees lining the driveway up to the house. The track is located in the shop down the second driveway to the right of the main house. There should be plenty of parking available around the shop.

Saturday the 29th would be best for me.

Okay, so Jeff, Monte and I will have a great time on Saturday, September 29. Doors open at 4 pm, racing starts at 6. There are some tricky spots on Red, so practice will be important.

Classes:

• Le Mans
• Can-Am

I will have a crock pot full of Carroll Shelby chili (of course), a variety of soft drinks and bottled water. There's lots of parking, so no worries there.

Hope to see more of you at the races!

We'll see you there.

"Big Smooth"

By the 29th I should be done with this ridiculous schedule, I'll probably make it.

Love to see you there, Mitch!

I will try.Saturdays are tough for me.never know when I will be done at work.so fingers crossed I'm not slammed.if not all have fun

The secondnidator

Hope you can make it, Doc. Otherwise, I might come in second.

Any chance of getting a count of who might be coming tonight? Please let me know if you read this.

Remember that there are three speed bumps on Herring Lane; be watchful. The gate code is 1956# and it opens toward you. There's lots of parking around the shop.

Victoria and I plan to be there.

"Big Smooth"

16 (edited by docdoom September 29, 2018 12:26 pm)

Well I have my gear and the plan is yes as off the time I replyed. The next few hours at work will be the decinding factor. So far it looks good for me making it there.

The secondnidator

Not me I'm afraid, I'm still not cleared to drive until next week.

Enjoy.

We missed u Mitch. Wasn't the same with out you.

The secondnidator

Thanks to Stan for a fun evening in the wild outback of Newburg. 

Thought we'd be there right on time however... our evening started with a slight detour.  Halfway down Bald Peak Road we ran into a closed road situation and after some wait they turned us all around.  Fortunately there are numerous routes and the trip through the country is always enjoyable.  Finally found our way past the speedbumps and proceeded down a narrow single lane road.  We arrived just before the rain let loose.

That's a pretty amazing place they've got out there.  Big track area, lots of tables, and the track was a hoot.  A couple of spots might need a little smoothing but it certainly added to the character and did not distract from the fun.  And I always enjoy racing next to my buddy Rico.  Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose but it's always good fun.

All told, we had a good crowd and a good time for Stan's track opener.  Looking forward to the next one.

"Big Smooth"

Thanks Stan ! You have a great place and an very nice track. I had great time in spite of my bad driving and the chili was very good. The drive home was even pretty quick and easy !!

Thanks to Stan for a fun night of racing.  I really love the track layout, it's got a good flow with good mix of technical and fast corners.  Always fun racing with our bunch, good hard racing but not too serious to take the pleasure out of it. Looking forward to the next time.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Yes it was a fun night, thanks again Stan,  On the drive Home Good thing U wasnt the one everybody needed to follow out. didnt even make it out the drive way and got turned around. Thank god Al took the correct turn.

The secondnidator

Thanks to everyone who showed up! It was a fun evening, even though we had some issues with a bumpy track. I hope to have them ironed out soon, so that the next time will satisfy the "Big Smooth" in all of us!