Re: Who will be supporting the Scuderia at the derby this year?

Good news and bad news...

The Mk II is back on its feet again. 

Upon further inspection and tear down, once the tab at the end of the axle was straightened, the only thing we had needed to set up was properly re-clocking of the front axle.  During the off-course excursion, it rotated in the muffler clamps which locate it in the chassis and had the front end dragging on its descent.

Unbeknownst to him, when Jeff re-assembled the car on the hill on the day, he inverted an upright, losing about 2" of ground clearance on the right side and resulting in the car continuing to drag down the hill on its subsequent run.  Yesterday, I disassembled the car, checked the squareness and straightness of the axle (which was fine), reassembled, aligned it in the chassis, tightened it down and it was all back to good.

Back on its feet, the Mk II rolls freely again:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/VWNDPaG-Tph0yud80-WrMoHKKwyUC9BOMIEkoa3UGHEPNGjWsAmQFK4Qy5RI75m037Dmn0N8grMTdYhL9jZ5AIoWeQmZFdiJuCTffKMaZJGbFmkymqfUKJfu1CIwL6Mz1jTnP8z6I4SCjNLa0USYk3WJxdy2FBCo8j7334wFAmYuavgXvJ00GqncRQvl8Gn6HxyhoiyMjdDAPmYg8sBPnEDd9__2eFtXezqaGx2f5N9SndcdhN6sRY6ADmLpovEmfRL_HV6mQJySpThnebSPej38opFtxW2e3XvxiIbkgzhaIxtmiHDCIPAZEkddEwpRxw2EN6toDrOB_GsLw2n9sttvZEebhRgz8HAVTRyDwoquo0WwPl_j9z0-vpJJknvfN4qgpmS2iwPT_utkdBhRPFZd5q8vj_2zkR-QukWgAxhjycl-eg7QgI62LzLqqXSPK9TRF33g2_7DNqdvK5zLgvgutDpYJvpzym79w3jACHr_TrN5bzVo3BVSUFKWN78i-wjwq-pqpyIxj5mdVVxRMb9iwil3_nTxJdtwyQl_qUav-F6f62DeOwAuG2C2dnOftiIxy5IU2ueCJdH6KCiCZlgeUDCvMmK_mtWOUM-ywy-tAgjKx3zrrb-V4jjCN05Qx_LDBvdwLhlq4dxYUaBhMraVcI-8FEskWWaIr2tw6Pq5zva7NRxRvdp37A=w1677-h943-no

The bad news?  That only took an hour or so for me to lazily do that by myself.  If we had kept working on it at the derby, we probably could have had the car prepped for the finals in about 20 minutes (it had actually qualified based on completing Bill's and Jeff's passes) and sent Bill down the hill in search of fame and glory.  It was a missed opportunity for us- I was too focused on making sure the Mk I and Mk V were on track for their next round.  Lesson learned.

Re: Who will be supporting the Scuderia at the derby this year?

All,

On Sat 9/29, the Scuderia will have an open shop day for the sponsors and team members who helped us get up and down the hill this year.  If you're free, please feel free to stop by between 11 and 2.  Burgers, dogs, and beverages will be available and if the weather is nice, we'll have the cars available for incredibly mellow runs down the hill in front of the house.

Please let me know if you're coming.

Thanks,
Chris