Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread

I finally made it over to Al's for some Odd Thursday Night Racing. The racing in both the Le Mans and Classic Sports Car II classes was very close! In Le Mans less than 1 lap separated first through fourth! In the Classic Sports Car II class, the top four finishers all completed more than 70 laps! Thanks Al for some fantastic racing and AWESOME Salmon!

So here's some results:

Le Mans
1 Daniel   69.6 Laps
2 Rico    69.4
3 Chris    69.2
4 Jeff    68.9
5 Al   67.0
6 Gary    66.9
7 Bill  65.9
8 Greg  65.3
9 Mitch   65.2
10 Terry Abbott  65.0
11 Jake   63.1
12 Terry Redeau  59.0

Classic Sports Car Div.II - Official NASTE 2018 Point Series Championship Race No.15
1 Al    75.4 Laps - 12 points
2 Daniel    74.1 - 11 pts.
3 Chris    73.6 - 10 pts.
4 Rico    71.6 - 9 pts.
5 Gary  66.1 - 8 pts.
6 Mitch    64.7 - 7 pts.
7 Terry Redeau    62.2 - 6 pts.
8 Greg    60.5 - 5 pts. 
9 Fernando   59.9 - 4 pts.
10 Bill  58.4 - 3 pts.
11 Jake  57.7 - 2 pts.
12 Jeff  43.7 - 1 pt.

Yes it was good to see back out at the track again Bill.

The secondnidator

Thanks Doc, it was nice to visit with everyone.

Well not going make the next race. Have really boring family crap that I got ringed into.so Im out

The secondnidator

So... No news from last Thurs?  I presume Al showed up and Doc didn't, sealing Doc's Secondinator title and crowning Al as the new 2018 NASTE Champion!

Technically Doc wasn't mathematically eliminated, but pulling off the upset would have required Al not showing up to his own house and a bunch of other people making it.

So let me be the first on the internet to say congrats(!) Al on a hard fought season.  I certainly gave it my all against you when I was able to attend, and I know Dan did too.  You've certainly earned the title this year!

I do look forward to seeing how we construct the championship next year and seeing how the new classes pan out.

Chris

Yea. I gave him the congrats the last race I ran figuring a small miracle would be needed for me to pull it off was going to give it my all on the next race but my wife had other plans for that night.pretty sure Al had a hand in that but the electronic proof bas been deleted from the email hard drive.so Im just not going to win that fight. Looking forward to the next season.may the farce be with you all.

The secondnidator

Sorry for the delay in getting the race results posted. Diane and I just got back from our Georgia trip.

Results will be up soon.

====Bill

Race results from June 7th at Rippin' Ridin' Raceway:

F1
1 Gary   68.3 Laps
2 Al    67.9
3 Jeff    66.8
4 Amy    66.6 - Best Lap 7.268 sec.
5 Mitch   66.6
6 Rico    64.0
7 Monte  63.2
8 Terry Redeau  62.9
9 Greg   59.6
10 Victoria  53.9
11 Jake   48.2

Le Mans - Official NASTE 2018 Point Series Championship Race No.16 - Final Point Race for 2018 Season
1 Monte    70.6 Laps - 10 points
2 Rico    70.1 - 9 pts.
3 Al    69.9 - 8 pts.
4 Gary    69.2 - 7 pts.
5 Jeff  68.5 - 6 pts.
6 Mitch    67.7 - 5 pts.
7 Greg    65.7 - 4 pts.
8 Victoria    58.1 - 3 pts. 
9 Terry Redeau   55.7 - 2 pts.
10 Jake  53.6 - 1 pt.

Thanks, Chris,Doc, Bill,Monte,
   It's feels great to be having my name on that trophy !!! That is something I did not think would ever happen. I would like to say Thanks to everyone who attends these races. Racing with all you is a very enjoyable time of my life.
               Thank You All,
                                     Al

Thanks Al and Donna for providing another great evening of racing. Looking forward to getting back to regular hours so I can get a little more racing in. This working from 5:45am to well into the evening is getting old, But those little kids have to have a place to go to school by the end of August.

986 (edited by docdoom June 22, 2018 6:30 am)

Hey it was fun night of racing. I was very happy with the 1st race for the lambo. If had run the red lane a little cleaner I think it would of been a lot closer to you at the end.nice run with the moiser there Mitch.see you all in two weeks

The secondnidator

Race results from June 21st race at Rippin' Ridin' Raceway:

GT
1 Mitch   78.1 Laps
2 Daniel    76.3
3 Al    72.6
4 Rico    71.2
5 Jeff  65.6
6 Fernando    64.7
7 Amy  62.7
8 Stan  61.5
9 Chris Hammet   61.1
10 Nicki  54.1

Trans Am
1 Daniel    69.9 Laps
2 Mitch    66.5
3 Rico  66.4
4 Al  65.5
5 Jeff  65.4
6 Fernando  64.0
7 Stan  58.9
8 Chris Hammet  56.6 
9 Nicki  49.4

Wow, since Doc and Jeff were actually NC Rico and I were first and second and divided by a tenth of a second. That's some close racing.

BTW I fixed that shimmy, one of my front tires had a lump. I've got to stop running those retreads.

Prove it.

The secondnidator

Hey I loaned my spec legal T/A car to Stan not knowing that I was running right behind him so I had to run the proxi car instead.and it was a joy to drive.  Its all just for fun anyways. At least it didn't have a magnet in it right..........

The secondnidator

Spoken like a true racer Doc!

Race results from July 5th race at Rippin' Ridin' Raceway:

Classic Sports Car 1
1 Jeff   65.1 Laps
2 Al    64.3
3 Daniel    63.8
4 Monte    63.5
5 Greg  63.3
6 Mitch    62.3
7 Gary  61.6
8 Rico  61.3
9 Stan   57.3
10 Jon  47.7

GT 3
1 Al    69.3 Laps
2 Rico    67.0
3 Jeff  65.9
4 Mitch  65.6
5 Gary  64.7
6 Greg  62.2
7 Monte  62.1
8 Stan  60.6 
9 Daniel  60.0
10 Jon  52.8

Open Class
1 Greg  79.0 Laps
2 Al 75.9
3 Mitch  74.4
4 Rico  73.7
5 Stan  72.3
6 Jeff  60.5
7 Jon  52.5

The official rules for the NASTE Odd Thursday Night Classes have been updated to reflect the changes for the 2019 racing season.

Please let me know of any errors.

==========Bill

Bill: Do not know if this was done on purpose, but it appears that the "USRRC" rules have been separated from the "Trans Am" section rules. They used to be listed together since we race both classes at the same time.
Just wondering
Goose

In the meeting we held on February 15th it was decided Can Am and USRRC would become stand alone classes and as such raced separately. When I split the two I added USRRC as our 14th class. Other than that the rules for each class are unchanged.

when will we put the new classes into the rotation?
Class 12 - Carrera DTM
Class 14 - USRRC

The secondnidator

As a previous track owner and promoter of the NASTE Odd Thursday Night Races I scheduled the race rotation with input from the participating racers. The same goes for the classes raced in the NASTE Point Series Championship. Since I am currently absent from that role I post the schedule and class rotation according to directions I receive from Al. In my opinion it is up to whenever and whatever the racers and Al decides. Generally I would start the point series races in September. At this point in time I do not know what my level of involvement will be in the 2019 NASTE Point Series Championship. The one suggestion I have for the 2019 season would be to return to the series format we have used in the past that allow racers to throw out at least one of their worst finishes. For example if the series consists of 10 races a racer's 9 best finishes would be scored for points. In the event of a possible tie the 10th race would be used for the tie breaker.

Ok that we got that all clear.when do want to start enforcing the new rules such as the spec motors ect.when we start the new season, or as the classes come up in rotation?

The secondnidator

Might as well get used to the classes now.  I think my cars are legal for whatever class they run in judging by my results.  Or I can't cheat worth beans...

"Big Smooth"

I need to pick up a few 14k motors for my classic cars

The secondnidator