Re: What do you have?

Howdy Gulf and welcome to the site.  Please come join us for some racing.  Check the schedule, you'll find ample opportunity.  We'll use our SCX Digital track for one of the events this year for sure.  So what's your plan for that SCX digi track?

"Big Smooth"

Monte is an out-of-the-closet SCX Digi-Racer!!!!

I've built a Scalextric digital circuit in my basement over the past year.  It's a relatively permanent four car setup and I'm contemplating the 6 car base.  I was so busy getting lost in track expansion and moving from carpet to a proper table that I've only left about 12-18 inches of space to scoot around the 10' x 12' table to grab lost cars, etc...

Thanks kidvolt for pointing me to NASTE from the SCI site!  Now let's see how much playtime I can get in this year...

Seeing what some of you have done with your setups is inspiring for sure!!!!

Dan

Hello Dan,  Welcome to NASTE!!!

How about some photos of your Scalextric circuit????    ------------------Bill

30 (edited by MrFlippant January 1, 2011 7:57 pm)

Hey, GulfRacer! I'll have to look up Gresham and buzz you if I'm ever down your way. smile
Also, hello, Dan! Where are you located?

I hope I'm not stepping all over a rule by posting the following, but I'm trying to raise awareness for my new digital group in the area. If this isn't OK, please delete, move, or edit this message.

We are the Digital Racing Alliance of Western Washington (DRAWW). We are a casual racing group who enjoy digital slot racing of all kinds, brought together by our region, aka the Pacific Northwest including Washington, Oregon, and even Canada (Vancouver/BC area), and anyone who wants to make the trip to an event in the area. We support and encourage ALL kinds of digital slot racing including, but not limited to: Scalextric Sport Digital, SCX The Digital System, Ninco Digital, Carrera D143/D132/D124/Pro-X, Scorpius, oXigen, Davic, BLST, and even AC2Car! If you have a track that allows lane changing and the sharing of lanes between 2 or more cars, and you're in the area, we want you to know about us, and to know about you. Even if you don't have a track of your own, but like the idea and want to get involved, then please join in! We like all kinds of slot racing, and analog is great, but our focus is on the digital aspect of the hobby.

We have a few outlets for DRAWW activity, so be sure to check those out and use the ones that you're most comfortable with, just to make sure nothing gets missed. My DRAWW web page can be found on my slots web site for quick access to all DRAWW communication outlets. You can also PM or email me for the direct URL.

We also need your help! If you know anyone in the area who is a digital slot racer, or even just curious about digital racing, please point them to us. If you've seen people post in other threads or forums about digital, and they live in the general area of the Puget Sound (Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia, Vancouver, etc), please point them in our direction. The only way for the DRAWW to grow and become active is to get the people to know about us.

I'm also announcing the first DRAWW race of 2011!
Date: January 9th
Time: 3pm-6pm
Bring: Yourself. Oh, you can bring cars if you want, but unless you bring a whole SSD racing set, we'll race my cars. Track, Cars, Controllers, snacks and drinks will be provided.
For details about my home track, please click the Rainier Raceways link in my signature.

Contact me directly via PM, email, or phone (253-288-2350) for address and directions.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the DRAWW or the race on the 9th, please feel free to post here or contact me directly.

Thanks!
-Greg

Hey Greg,

Your post is most appropriate and welcome here at NASTE!

We are all about the promotion of slot car racing in all forms and scales, and the different racing groups for enthusiasts to participate in.

Thanks for the great post!   ------------------------------Bill

I am in the process of converting my scx classic track to scalextric digital, with the 6 car power base to race up to 6 cars on 2 lanes. Going a bit slower than I expected by coming along

"The 3rd"

I just put together my first test video for my track...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPnT5FUb3Nw

"The 3rd"

Sorry you missed our digital Enduro a few weeks ago.  Looks like you son is old enough for our racing group, come on out one of these nights.

"Big Smooth"

I wish I could have come to the Enduro, but son's robotics competition took priority. Maybe next time. It's such a long drive, I'd love to be able to see more than one track while I'm down. Is anyone else willing to show me their track the next time there's a digital enduro? smile

MrFlippant wrote:

I wish I could have come to the Enduro, but son's robotics competition took priority. Maybe next time. It's such a long drive, I'd love to be able to see more than one track while I'm down. Is anyone else willing to show me their track the next time there's a digital enduro? smile

For sure man, when I get my track up and running I am planning on my inaugural event being an enduro. Thanks for all of your advice btw on Slot Car illustrated!!!

"The 3rd"

Well the garage is 90% cleaned up. Computer is all up dated and the pit lane sensor are in and working.waiting for a few inside boarders. Should copper tape it keep fighting voltage drops.that's plastic track.

The secondnidator

More power taps. If your layout never changes consider short jumpers between each piece of track like I did. No more power problems ever. Copper tape has its own problems and is only a temporary fix especially when the track is in a garage in this region.

Yea I should do that. Just a lot of  work Need also run one more tap to the far end straight.

The secondnidator