Topic: The NeXt BiG ThInG for First Sunday

I think the time has come to put the Ninco Class to rest for a while.  I think most of us have had opportunity to shout "Ninco" whenever an errant wheel decided to bail on the race.  I've glued on most of my wings more times than I can to count, which for those that know me is a frightening admission.

So, let's call it a day and congratulate Tracy on his accomplishment of winning the Ninco Any Car Class.  Well done young lad.  You are our first Champion.

Ok, we've enjoyed the moment but the moment is over, on to the future.

I suggest the next class be Slot.It cars.

My first thought is either Group C or the Classic cars.  You can see them all listed here.

I'll be happy to entertain thoughts, concerns and whatever else you'd like to add to the discussion.

You have the floor...

"Big Smooth"

Re: The NeXt BiG ThInG for First Sunday

I've thought about it a bit, and addressed all my concerns by talking with the Tacoma Wizard of all things slot, Tony.  So it shall be Group C as follows:

Motor: Orange End Bell
Pod: Inline - any version allowed
Gears: Stock will do OR you can adjust if you prefer - my feeling is that stock is perfectly adequate for the Penguin Point track
Tires: N22 - Monte will try to have extras on hand
Wheels: Stock
Magnet: Removed - non-mag

Added ballast must be inside the car.

Suspension systems (magnetic or spring) and independent front wheels are not allowed at this time.

I plan to have loaners available for anyone that doesn't have a car.

Group C is:

Porsche 956 (any version)
Porsche 962 (any version)
Jaguar XJR (any version)
Sauber C9
Toyota 88c
Mazda 787b
Lancia LC2 (any version)
Nissan R89C

Any of these cars should be competitive and this should give everyone the same level playing field.  And on the plus side, many of us probably already have some of the cars on this list.

"Big Smooth"

Okay Monte, I hope you don't change your mind. I spent an hour yesterday changing my 962 from an anglewinder back into an inline car. The toughest part was finding all of the original parts hidden away in unfinished/failed projects. But then what else did I have to do until Chris "clears" me to go back to work. It appears that I'm not supposed to lift anything heavier than a slot car or controller. However after yesterdays excursion into the garage I think I need to spend a couple of hours cleaning up the workbench so I can get it all out again later. Vicious circle it seems.

Mitch, you mean you don't have a separate pod set up for each so you can just swap pods and go?

No changes planned.  Basically the spec is for the way the cars come stock.  What could be easier?

"Big Smooth"

Cool, I have lots of those.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Mr Smooth: question; am i correct in understanding that the Slot it "McLaren F1 GTR" cars did not run in Group C class?

I don't believe they did.

Correct, they did not.  Only those in the list above.  The McLaren did not come into existence until 1995.  Group C was gone by then.

"Big Smooth"

We held a test and tune day yesterday.  The tire choice worked great so grab some N22's from one of the online sources or pick up a pair next time you're here.  I plan to have extra's on hand.

"Big Smooth"

Thanks for the tire choice info Smooth. Will install some on my new car. I wanted to do some track time, but my cold just did not feel up to it.

Well...  once again I've thought about it a bit and have decided to move toward a new class for open cockpit sports cars as follows:

Motor MAX: Slot.It 21.5K Orange End Bell
Tires: Urethane or rubber
Magnet: Removed - non-mag.  Added ballast must be inside the car.

The race group will include but is not limited to:

Slot.it
Alfa Romeo 33/3
Ferrari 312PB
Matra MS670B
McLaren M8D
Chaparral 2E

Other similar cars are allowed, for example Policar, Carrera, Fly, Sloter, MBSlot and others make cars.  Scratch-built cars are not allowed.  Bodies must use original chassis.

Comments?

"Big Smooth"

What about a certain clear, orange and yellow SCX Audi?

13 (edited by docdoom November 28, 2017 8:28 pm)

LOOK AT THAT, I WONT HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER CAR FOR  ONCE. BUT MOST LIKELY WILL ANYWAYS. ARE WE GOING PRE 1974 WITH  THIS CLASS BEING THE  Matra MS670B RAN UP TO 1974?

The secondnidator

Rico, no Lmp.  Wrong vintage.

"Big Smooth"

I have a Matra that wants to play.

I have one too somewhere.  Oh yes, converted to Scaley Digital at Dan's house.  I'll be running something else.  Perhaps a Sloter car.

"Big Smooth"

Come to think of it I also have a Ferrari 312 that's never been driven in anger either, and I think it would like to be.

Monte: Would the MRRC chap 2c be considered a scratch built if the front/rear has set screw wheels added, and a upgrade in (FF) motor to 21K?

No.  As long as you are using the chassis that came with the body you're ok.

"Big Smooth"

20 (edited by docdoom January 28, 2018 1:55 pm)

Are we going to let the THUNDERSLOTS lola play

The secondnidator

No.  They are not allowed for the new class.

"Big Smooth"

ok then.

The secondnidator

You do know that it be the super bowl sunday on sunday.

The secondnidator

https://s6.postimg.org/jyfzx432p/SRC-00702-_Alfa-_Romeo-33_TT12-_Slot-_Cars.jpg

Would this be allowed?

Super bowl?  Don't care, sorry.

Rico, body - yes, what's the motor?

"Big Smooth"