Re: Bill's Junk

We could have run that upstairs hill climb.  Get those studs out!

I'll miss the old room, it was a sanctuary of true faith.  Long live the new one.

Any updates on the "old" track?

"Big Smooth"

No takers on the TooBad Motorplex track. I will be starting the tear down ASAP! I may offer up sections of the track after I get it dismantled. A section or two would be a good start for someone wanting to build a routed track. As for the future, maybe TooBadToo?

Hi Bill: May i suggest you keep the track if it does not sell and when you get the new home location, (if you still have track) then see how much you can incorporate any existing track pieces into a new track that will fit into the new home track area.

That's a good suggestion Goose, and probably the route I am headed.

So here's the latest update on our move:

We have found a house in Vancouver and the offer we submitted was accepted. We had the home inspection today and all went very well. We are proceeding and with any luck should be able to complete the move in August. The house is located 1 mile directly north of the Vancouver Mall. Here's five key elements in our decision to move across the river into Washington: 1. This house fits our needs and fulfills our wants almost perfectly. 2. This house is almost 1,000 square feet smaller, one level, and is not costing us more than our current house is worth. 3. The property taxes are $2,500 per year less than our current taxes. 4. There is room on the lot to build a medium sized shop (roughly double car garage size). 5. This house is $100K LESS than anything else comparable that we have looked at (YES $1 times ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND)! And then of course there is the fact that I HATE Multnomah County, almost as much as I HATE PORTLAND!!!

So there you have it. Sorry if you are disappointed in me. I tried my best to remain an Oregonian, but it just did not make sense.

Me and my junk are headin' north!

========Bill

No worries Bill, sounds like a good choice and smart move. Lousy drive on an odd Thursday but that's just the way it is.

I've told Chris that we should look that direction for after retirement. We looked about a year ago, but if I had to deal with that traffic every day I might loose my tentative grip on reality.

That was one of our worries Mitch, the 205 bridge or worse yet I-5 bridge. But being retired we figure we will only occasionally have to come back to Oregon and we can do so outside of the terrible commute hours. Or if we by chance run into a traffic jam, we can just turn around and go home! For my Odd Thursday Night Racing I will be headed in the opposite direction as the majority of the traffic. I made that commute for a few years before I retired when I was working in Vancouver. It was a piece of cake as I took the airport exit off 205 to go home, which is the same exit I would use to go to Al's. The 205 south backup generally starts at that exit or just past it. Bad news is there probably won't be any Odd Thursday Night racers at my place. The flip side of course is that I should be able to win a few!

Well, there is always the odd Saturday or Sunday. I'm sure Doc will be a regular.

wb0s wrote:

Bad news is there probably won't be any Odd Thursday Night racers at my place. The flip side of course is that I should be able to win a few!

There won't be any or is that many racers?  If it's any, you wouldn't even need a track and you could still win.
A legend in his own mind ;-)

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

" quote from Mitch I had to deal with that traffic every day I might loose my tentative grip on reality". so that's whats wrong with me.
on the traffic it clears up  once you get the 205 bridge. so really you are only dealing with it for another 10 to 15 min more than you did going to Bill old place.

The secondnidator

Been awhile since I voiced anything here, probably overdue for an update!

OK, I am officially an Old Guy! Today I pulled a muscle in my ASS! I have learned a lot throughout this moving process! Here are my latest 10 bullet points indicating old age: 1. Heavy boxes are MUCH heavier when you're old! 2. Part of being old is the practice of falling down, the older you get the better you are at it! 3. You should try to avoid falling down while carrying heavy boxes (this could result in pulling a muscle in your ASS!). 4. Some how the muscles in you ass are connected to the muscles in your leg. 5. Soon after pulling an ass muscle your leg will start hurting and the resulting limp will make you more likely to fall again! 6. It is possible to severely strain your neck muscles while tieing up a bush! 7. Your neck will hurt less once your leg starts hurting from pulling an ass muscle. 8. The actual wound or cut is at the top of the trail of dried blood running down your leg. 9. When you're old you have no idea where those trails of dried blood came from! 10. Bandaids are much cheaper in bulk!

You should consider hiring help.  Find a younger individual to strain their muscles.  A least you should be happy to know you still have muscles.

"Big Smooth"

Just in case anyone was wondering, it is 3.3 miles farther to our new place in Vancouver than our current house in Fairview (as measured from the I-205 / I-84 interchange).

Time-wise that could be measured in HOURS depending on the day and time!

Probably no Odd Thursday Racing in the future at my place.............

I'm happy with Odd Saturdays in Vancouver.

"Big Smooth"

Now THAT could be a possibility!

"If you build it they will come"

Just move the starting time to 7 instead of 6  run three classes and the real junkies can run a 4th. traffic really is not that bad your almost there anyways if your going to Bills old place or to Al's the most is another ten or 15min in traffic once you hit the bridge it clears up fast take the 18th street exit and is smooth sailing from there to Bill's new place.

The secondnidator

Smooth sailing...  I should be so lucky...

"Big Smooth"

I might drive 6 or 7 minutes more to race at Bill's.  9 would be pushing it.  15???  That's out of the question unless Monte shows!!

But seriously, if someone in the metro area is gracious enough to build a track andd host racing, I will make the effort to show my ugly mug.

Three days left to be out of this place. TooBad Motorplex is just memories now. My HO track went into the U-Haul today. I have stuff scattered over three different locations.............it will never be the same!

Hey moving sucks. when do get to unload everything at the new homestead

The secondnidator

Unloaded a BUNCH of stuff today at the new place. We are having the floors and carpet redone so everything has to go in the garage for now. What a MESS!

We're out, we're in, and what a freaking mess!

Thanks again to everyone that helped us with our move!!!

We won't have internet service at our new house until sometime next week, so I'll probably be out of touch for awhile.

=======Bill

We got our cable service installed today so I am back up and running.

THAT GREAT, Time up date your profile there Vancouver resident.

The secondnidator