Topic: Track length and curves

The race track I have put together, is suppose to have equal length lanes.  Last night I counted the curves, and the two lanes do not have the same amount of inside and outside curves (one lane has many more "sharp" corners).  I really don't want a track that winners are determined by the most laps in a time frame, or least amount of time to complete so many laps.  I want a heads up, lane versus lane, first to so many laps wins.   

I have two lane change sections, and thought I could place them so as to equal out the inside vs outside curves.  But then that might effect lane lengths?  Am I being way to picky here?  Or do equal length lanes pretty much even themselves out regardless of who ever has the most sharp corners?

Thanks

Finishing second, isn't much better than finishing at all........  (I believe a David Pearson quote)

Re: Track length and curves

Have you used Tracker 2000?  It will tell you the exact lane length for each lane.  However, if you swap lanes then it doesn't really matter.  We typically runs heats in a rotating manner so that each driver has a turn on each lane.  Then it's not a question of who got the good lane.  You have to do well on all the lanes.

"Big Smooth"

I would second what Monte has to say.  Make sure the cars stay on the lanes also.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

I have tried to google Tracker 2000, looks like it is, or was shareware.  But I can't find a link that is still good.  Some mention an activation code, so maybe it was not free at one time.  Anyway, I would like to try to it, whether I need to buy it, or download it.

Thanks

Finishing second, isn't much better than finishing at all........  (I believe a David Pearson quote)

From what I know the guy who wrote Tracker 2000 stopped development on it, doesn't want to make the source code available in the public domain so someone else can run with it, and also feels like he can't do it to his previous paying customers to make the program in its final version available. So either you find someone willing to part with it or a bootleg copy (did I say that?) or else use one of the free slot car track design programs.

George

--
"Get the shotgun, Martha. The herd needs a thinnin'." - Bucky Katt

Try Ultimate Racer 3.0 or I have Laptimer 2000

Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Thanks for all the information.  Certainly have some options to try now.