Topic: TooBad Motorplex Up FOR SALE - GONE!

TooBad Motorplex is officially up FOR SALE!

Diane and I have decided it is time to get serious about moving! Not knowing what kind of space I will end up with for a track, I've decided it will be easier to build a new track to fit my new space than to "modify" this track as needed.

When I built TooBad I built it with plan of someday moving it. The entire track running surface unscrews/unbolts from the framework into easily moveable sections. No section is larger than 4 foot by 8 foot.

I will sell the track with or without the framework and cabinetry. Just for referrence the cabinetry is not high quality, but it is highly functional!

The track is 3 lane routed MDF. The track surface is painted with Rustoleum "Magnetic" Primer. If you are not familiar with this product, the paint itself containers ferous metal so the painted track surface attracts magnets. Cars equipped with magnetic traction work excellent on this surface! Electrical contact for the racing lanes is through copper tape. The track is wired and has a dead strip installed for lap counting/timing. Track lap length is 84 1/2 feet, with the variance between each lane less than 2 inches! We race 1/32 and 1/24 cars on the track. Lane spacing is 3 1/2 inches.

I would like to sell the track without the power supply and Trackmate lap counting/timing hardware for $500. I would consider negotiating a price to include the lap counting/timing system and power supply if the buyer so desires. I will asist in the disassembly, and although my schedule is very busy right now I would also consider assisting in the relocation set up. This is a nice track and I'd like to see it get a good home.

Re: TooBad Motorplex Up FOR SALE - GONE!

Hope it stays local if you sell it. Fun track to play on!

Photos of TooBad Motorplex:

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/toobad1.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/toobad2.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/toobad3.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/toobad4.jpg

Noooooo!

"Big Smooth"

It might be good to give a potential buyer an idea of the size of its footprint too.

CK

Thanks Chris,

The track is L shaped with an overall footprint of 17 feet by 15 feet. At the widest point which is where the overpass is, it is 7 feet across. The upper part of the track is 5 feet across, and the lowest portion is 5 1/2 feet across.

Chris, it would make a nice addition to the basement.

"Big Smooth"

kidvolt wrote:

Chris, it would make a nice addition to the basement.

Agreed...  but not necessarily my basement.  I will build one for the space I have.

9 (edited by docdoom March 22, 2017 4:09 pm)

well This just blows......maybe.... nope wont fit  at my place..... dang,,, sure hope it stays local.. maybe Rico has room....... when is the last race on the old girl. need to have good going away party for her.

The secondnidator

The last race on the TooBad track depends on a couple things. 1. If it sells soon. 2. If our house sells before the track does. 3. If it doesn't sell. 4. If our house doesn't sell. 5. If we find a place and I move the track with me.............well, you get the picture............

wb0s wrote:

The last race on the TooBad track depends on a couple things. 1. If it sells soon. 2. If our house sells before the track does. 3. If it doesn't sell. 4. If our house doesn't sell. 5. If we find a place and I move the track with me.............well, you get the picture............

Things are shall we say...fluid.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Well, I was sorry to hear you were selling it Bill, but guess that means I'll have to come out there for a race one of these times before it goes. I sure liked racing on it. smile

I am planning to disassemble TooBad Motorplex next week. This week will be the last chance for a buyer to test run the track before purchase, and be part of the tear down.

I hate to see her go, but it is time for us to get moved.

===========Bill

dang Was hopping to get one more race on the girl before she was taken down.

The secondnidator

15 (edited by Mitch58 April 17, 2017 7:38 pm)

So far, I'm not scheduled to return to work, so  let me know if you need help taking it apart.

Bill: sad to read that you are taking it down, hope you can keep it for future racing. Really enjoyed running on that track.
Goose

Thanks Mitch, I may need some help.

And thanks Goose. It has been a fun track! I may end up moving it and reconstructing it in our new place. Not sure yet but I am looking forward to better things to come!

As nice as it was I'm guessing you are thinking of something even better.  If so, then I hope it finds a new home where we can continue to enjoy it while you continue on to bigger and better things.

"Big Smooth"

TooBad Motorplex is now listed for sale on Craig's List and Ebay.

wb0s wrote:

I am planning to disassemble TooBad Motorplex next week. This week will be the last chance......

What?????  Pulling the plug before the end of the championship?  Hardly seems respectful for a track which has supported the wasting of so much time for so many......

Unfortunately I need to tear down the track before we put our house on the market and we want to get our house on the market ASAP!

The realtor said the track would be too distracting. He said the guys would forget about the house why they were here.......

If it's a car guy looking at the house, your garage would seal the sale!

I sure hope so!