Topic: Thespian in your midst

NASTE members may have noticed that I have been conspicuously absent for several weeks now. It's not for lack of desire for racing; that's still high on my list of fun things to do...but I've been otherwise occupied.

I will be appearing in a production of "Circle Mirror Transformation," a play by Annie Baker, a Pulitzer Prize winner, on the Central Stage (at the Chehalem Cultural Center) in Newberg, February 24-26, March 3-5 and 10-12. The production is staged by Valley Repertory Theater. The cast—excepting yours truly—is uniformly excellent. :^)

The play is described thus:

"When four lost New Englanders who enroll in Marty's six-week-long community-center drama class begin to experiment with harmless games, hearts are quietly torn apart, and tiny wars of epic proportion are waged and won. A beautifully crafted diorama, a petri dish in which we see, with hilarious detail and clarity, the antic sadness of a motley quintet."

Tickets are $12/$15/$18 for all performances; Sunday matinee 2/26 is sold out. Tickets can be ordered at the Valley Rep website here: https://apps.vendini.com/ticket-softwar … babf5032b5

It's actually a very interesting play; fun, dramatic and emotional at the same time. I'd love to see some of you attend!

Thanks,
Stan Smith

Re: Thespian in your midst

Wow Stan! I am impressed! I would never have guessed. Between you, the artists, and all the musicians in our group we have the arts well covered!

Remind me to get your autograph!!!