Re: Urethane Tires

Thanks Chris! We'll be adding more tire data such as dimensions and hopefully some photos. Lots to do besides just pouring these tires! Our first priority is to build up some inventory and selection.

Nice job guys.

We have completed some more testing of our BOSA Tires. Monte ran our new tires on his 1/24 BRM Porsche 962 at the last Odd Thursday night race. The tires fit VERY tight on the rims, they do not require gluing! They were true and smooth running without being sanded. They were slightly cupped but still provided excellent traction. Run sanding would help the contact patch.

Testing of the new HO replacement Tyco Turbohopper 4X4 tires took place this morning and again we saw great results. The difference in traction between the stock Tyco Turbohopper tires and the BOSA replacements was dramatic! The BOSA replacement tires definitely provided superior performance!

As most of you already know our website for tires is up and running. You can check the website www.BOSATires.com for the different tires we offer. All you local club guys need to but directly from Monte or I to get the NASTE Club price. If there are tires you want you can either leave a message here or shoot me an email message. I'm pretty close to caught up on current requests for new tire sizes to be molded. If there are tires you'd like to see us make let us know, again by posting here or sending me an email.

Thanks!   ==========Bill

There are now pictures posted on the BOSA Tires website for all of our 1/24 scale tire offerings. We will be working on photos for our 1/32 tires soon. Stop by the site and take a look!

www.BOSATires.com

Local racers - we are to the point now where we offer so many different tires it is no longer feasible for me to bring ALL our offerings to the track on race day. If you are in need of tires, or there are tires you are looking for, please send me an email or post a message here to let me know what you're after so I can bring those particular tires along with me to the track on race day. Please pass the word along as it seems not everyone checks in here regularly.

===========Bill

Local smart a$$ here. Even to the races at your house?

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Well, I might make an exception in that case! Although the box is heavy and I do have a long set of stairs from the "Room" to the garage/track!!!

Maybe we could cut a slot in the floor and build a chute. We could turn your garage into a giant vending machine. I'm just sure that Diane would love that.

Oh yeah!......She'd just LOVE that!!!

Getting ready to make more tire molds!

Anybody got any Carrera F1 cars that I could borrow a pair of rear tires off of to make a mold? Standard deal, you get the originals plus two pair of urethanes back.

Thanks!    ========Bill

I've got an older Carrera Ferrari F1 but not sure if the same tires fit the newer ones.

I'm not sure either, but I'll make a mold if you'll let me borrow them.

You sure can, remind me next week and I'll bring them to Odd Thursday. Do you have tires to fit the SCX GT cars? You also should make some 17x10 Slot.it tires as well.

We currently make very few SCX tires.

What do the Slot.it 17 X 10s fit (17s are really short)?

They fit the Slot.it Prototypes (Audi, Lola) and the McLaren Gt-1's plus other European (Avant, Spirit, Black Arrow) brands that use the larger tires. Question, do you need original tires only or will Indy Grips work as well?

Can't use silicone tires for molding. I've found the original tires work best.

Digging up an old thread here. I see that the Carrera DTM class will begin running at Al's in about a month and BOSA tires are required. Any thoughts on when they might be available for order?