1 (edited by docdoom January 13, 2017 7:03 am)

Topic: good call

Just saw on the main page that Saturday race has been cancelled do to weather. to bad but was the right call. 205 is just one big parking lot. took me 5 hours to drive from Canby to Vancouver 4 1/2 was just trying to get from foster to sandy. one world odot salt................ works on more than just slugs. wait I think I was passed by more than one today when I was parked on 205....

The secondnidator

Re: good call

The snow out here is not going away. With the temps so low what snow the sun does melt during the day just turns to ice. The roads around us are slicker now than when it first snowed!

My 4WD decided to quit working this morning. I made it from my house to 39th (Chavez to some) and Glisan before it decided to work. A real Dukes of Hazzard affair in some instances. Of course, now that it's in the shop, it's working perfectly. I agree the roads are worse in some areas. The freshly packed snow was no trouble at all but now that it's compacted, partially melted and refrozen it's turned to ice.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

A rally man knows the proper technique.  Execute all turns using the handbrake.  If the first pull doesn't get you headed in the right direction, keep pulling until it does.

As the legendary Stig Blomqvist once said in New England at a rally while discussing fog on the course:

"Don't be a vimp, poot your foot down".  And yes, I have the t-shirt.

"Big Smooth"

I must have been doing something right, I made it to work! No handbrake lever in my rig just a foot pedal and separate release handle not exactly rally material, but I did put my foot down more than once.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.