Re: What's up?

by howie » Fri May 20, 2016 2:02 pm

It was voted on that we do away with the outdated hard body NASCAR starting in the 2017 season. We will be using .030" Lexan for both the Sprint Cup and the Xfinity cars. The Sprint cup will run the Ford Taurus, Chevy SS, Toyota Camry bodies. The Xfinity cars will run the Mustang, Camaro and the Challenger bodies. The rest of the rules for NASCAR will stay the same. This will bring our NASCAR pretty much up to date. I am really looking forward to the change.
This means we won't have to build such heavy chassis for the Sprint Cup, we can also dig into our old chassis drawer and use an old chassis, maybe a Parma, JK or some other chassis and give it a re-birth!
Click on the News Page for more info.

by howie » Sun May 22, 2016 4:17 pm

I have added the body update on the NASCAR rules.

by howie » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:59 pm

The new bodies for NASCAR are on their way to the Bluegroove team to be done in .030" Lexan. These are all 2013 NASCAR bodies.

by howie » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:11 pm

Bad news on the .030" NASCAR bodies: The bodies we purchased for transformation to .030" can't be done due to the inferior material of the donor bodies. As to what to do now, stay tuned

by racerbob9 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:45 pm

The news about the NASCAR bodies is not good. Revell has the Fusion and just released the Chevy SS. Just a thought to put in the mix is using this body as a option if the Pattos Place bodies do not pan out. I will make one of each that will work on the same chassis. Just for fun, the 97 Sharpie car is a Patto's Place body on a 4.5 inch flexi chassis.

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/WhatUpf.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/WhatUpg.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/WhatUph.jpg

by racerbob9 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:48 pm

More Pics

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/WhatUpi.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/WhatUpj.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/WhatUpk.jpg

by beaufrazier » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:12 pm

Hi Bob, I like the look of the Revell kits. Almost no fussing with the bodies and they really look true to scale. MIKES DECALS is producing a TOYOTA .He said the resin is pretty strong and would make a good slot car body. If we go in that direction we are covered with all the brands. Plastic or PETG? Witch way to go? I'm sure Howie will provide a vote on witch to go.

by howie » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:33 pm

For the 2017 NASCAR season we are going to run the 2013 Pattos Gen6 bodies. We need to get Bill paid back for the effort and money he spent. I thank Bill for what he has put into this effort and all is not lost as the 962 will be made in .030" Lexan. I took one of my legal NASCAR chassis and put on a Gen6 Charger, perfect wheel base and tracking situation, in fact the bodies are wider! Rules will be made as to what you can cut the body down to. It would be wise, beings these bodies are .010" to strengthen the front with strapping tape. I am personally looking forward to the new bodies. Sprint cup cars: Dodge Charger, Ford Fusion, Chevy SS and the Toyota Camry. The Xfinity: Camaro, Mustang, Challenger.

by howie » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:07 am

Due to the fact that some racers including myself either do not have or have ready a Lexan NASCAR body, we will race the hard bodies for the Rapid 500. I do not have the 2017 season schedule yet, but the Rapid 500 will once again kick off the season.

by howie » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:10 pm

Ok; the 2017 racing schedule is on the Calendar page. Should be some fun races this season.

by howie » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:16 pm

Pulled this NASCAR body out of the old body drawer, threw on some quick flares and will race it in the Rapid 500, then throw it away as we will be going to the late ( gen 6 ) Lexan bodies for the future.

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/WhatUpl.jpg

by howie » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:59 am

A new NASCAR by Beau. This is going to be the new NASCAR style car for the future starting this season ( 2017 ). This is a Lexan bodied car by Pattos. Looking forward to racing the up dated NASCAR.

Gen. 6, Ford Fusion. Nice job Beau.

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/WhatUpm.jpg

by howie » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:41 am

The wings that come with the Pattos gen. 6 NASCAR bodies leave a lot to be desired. So here is what Beau did: cut a slit in the back of the car and inserted a Lexan home made wing and glued it. Looks good to me, so I will follow suit. His wing is in the previous picture.

by beaufrazier » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:55 am

Just wanted to give a formal, Thank You ,to Howie for all his work with the NWTSR site over the past several years. I have always enjoyed seeing what was new, the latest builds, and racer comments. Our racing program is still strong and I look forward to many more years of Howie's hospitality and the great facility he provides us all to gather and have some fun competition.
Slotblog and the ,long established, NASTE site will be used for staying up to date on the club's activities. Please post any comments or feelings you may have about the NWTSR site going away before JAN. 1, 2017
THANKS AGAIN TO HOWIE !!!

by wb0s » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:00 am

I'd like to echo what Beau said. Thanks Howie for all you do including your efforts with the Northwest True Scale Racers site! I will miss this site and all the great information that comes across the board here. Your "How To" and technical instructions are very helpful to me and I know to others as well. In an effort to save what has already be posted here I am attempting to copy as much of the information on this site onto the NASTE site for future referrence to anyone interested. The NASTE.org site has had a section in the Forum dedicated to Rapid Raceway for years. I will copy as much information as I can to that section for all to refer to. Howie you are welcome to update, change, or revise anything in there as you wish, and the Rapid Raceway regulars are welcome to use the forum for any information related to Rapid Raceway or Northwest True Scale Racers. =======Bill

The previous posts to this topic were copied over from the Northwest True Scale Racers site with Howie's permission. The NTSR site is scheduled to close down at the end of this year. I will be copying over as much of the great information posted there as possible in the next few months.  =====Bill

42 (edited by howie December 14, 2018 11:23 am)

As most know who race here we have a vote at the beginning of each year and at the halfway point in the season as to what we will race for points and a backup class for fun on the same night.

I thought I would start sharing the vote count on this page. The class with the most votes will be our points class and the next most votes will be the fun class. Each racer votes for two classes. Not everyone cares to vote. The two classes that won the vote the first of the season are not eligible for a vote for the second half of the season. The beginning of this season (2019) we voted for Sportsman for points and NASTRUCK for the fun class. I don't have the count for that vote. I do have the count for the second half of the season:

Indy car...................1. vote.
Can-Am...................2.
TA2.........................4.
NASCAR...................6.
Early Modified............6.
As you can see the NASCAR and Early Modified tied. I always hold my vote for a tie breaker if needed. But we tossed a coin instead ( keeping me free of any pain ). The coin toss gave NASCAR the point class.

All I want to know is, what happened to Indy Car votes?????? I LOVE those cars!!!!

Gotta admit, I voted for Early Modified!

I have work to do, my NASCAR sucks!

I really like the Indy cars also. You know that I have reserved two races this year for the track owners choice as to what we will run for the back up class. Well, on the Jan 26th. race the back up will be, guess what? the Indy cars! The next track owners choice will be in the second half of the season, I don't really know at this time, but I would put my $ on TA2!! Just a guess!!

YES!!!!

wb0s wrote:

All I want to know is, what happened to Indy Car votes?????? I LOVE those cars!!!!

Gotta admit, I voted for Early Modified!

I have work to do, my NASCAR sucks!

I am a rookie as far as experience with your car classes .... but so far my favorite class is the BW Nascar. I built one just in time to race the Rapid 500 in October. Car was good but have made changes (and repairs) since then and crossing my fingers I have improved the performance. Plus,  I am starting a new sidewinder BW Nascar chassis project that looks bizarre ... but I have to build it.

I don't really like building cars due to the time commitment and I am a slow methodical builder ... but I do like to finish one and see it get around the track at competitive speeds!

Looking forward to seeing your new builds DC!

====Bill

When I go I want to like my grand dad did. peacefully in his sleep.
not like the 4 other people did screaming to there deaths as the car plunged of the cliff...

The secondnidator

What the ----? How did dying come into this conversation! I think you got on the wrong page Doomsday!

Got to agree with Howie there.........what the hell Doc????