Topic: NASTE Formula 1 Challenge Rules
Old style racing for vintage Formula One/GP race cars with minor modifications. The emphasis is on fair and fun competition as well as promoting interactivity between the local Northwest area racers and clubs.
One car per entrant. You may select your car from any of the five classes. All classes race together under the Formula One Challenge format. The race is scored with an overall winner as well as individual class winners.
Aston Martin DBR4
Maserati 250F F
Ferrari 156 Sharknose
Lotus 49b high wing
McLaren m7c low wing
*this class has 19 or 20mm dia x 10mm wide tires
Lotus 72c low rear wing
Tyrell 002 low rear wing
Lotus 72e low rear wing
Tyrell 003 w/porsche 908 nose
*this class has 22mm dia x 12mm wide tires
Ferrari 312t2 low wing
McLaren m23 low wing
Any modifications not listed below are not allowed. Cars found to not be in compliance will be crushed, burned and bagged prior to their return.
• Tires – any brand but must maintain the same size/profile. Absolutely no chemical doctoring of the tires. (Track hosts should specify preferred tire choices.)
• Ballast – allowed.
• Traction magnets must be removed.
• Cartrix front axle stabilization allowed.
• Motors may be glued in place.
• Axle bushings may be glued in place.