Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread

Well I also had a little lead tape on the bottom of my t/a car. It has been removed and placed on the inside of the car. 50 lashes will be dealt out on next rule in fraction.

The secondnidator

Thanks Doc, I like that attitude! I think we do a pretty good job of self policing. When racing at TooBad Motorplex we have never been overly concerned in regards to to rule enforcement. With the addition of the point series championship it gives people something to compete for, nothing of great value or prestige, but something. My goal is to make the racing for that prize as equitable as possible. The weight placement infraction was my fault, I made the wrong call. I know the modification made to the winning car was not an intentional breach of the rules. Was it a big advantage, I don't know for sure. What I do know is in watching the winner throughout the race he drove exceptionally well and deserves that win!

Especially in that narrow track Mustang. That 1/8"-1/4" difference between the Mustang and the Camaro is huge. Great driving job. On the other hand my 10th place finish is looking better and better. ;-)

I ran my Mustang for a long time and just couldn't come out on top. I finally switched to a Camaro. It turns out it wasn't the car.

I haven't had much luck in the Trans Am class either. The only Trans Am races I've had any luck in were the stock spec races with traction magnets. And thst's only because my car's traction magnet was REALLY strong! I currently race my '70 Camaro, but I like the way the '69 Camaros work a lot better!

If you look at the rules under "chassis", the allowable modifications are listed below. This class is based on "Stock manufactured chassis" so I would have to say if that modification is not listed it is not allowed. With that said, I would think if you glue in new non-adjustable axle mounts in the stock/original location, that would be considered a repair.

It my opinion when it comes to deviations in the rules (even when a racer feels there is no performance gain or real benefit) the real damage can be in the fact that other racers may consider it an advantage whether it really is or not. I have been club racing for many years and I have seen this played out time and time again! If a racer THINKS the reason you are beating him or her is because of a questionable modification you made (not clearly defined within the rules) it is going to create hard feelings!

I was looking at that too that is why I asked 1st. But was thinking a little nascar in my head at the same time. "If dos not say no in the rule book then it is ok"

The secondnidator

That's just one of the things I like about you Doc!!!

What is the other???????

The secondnidator

I don't want to embarrass you!

661 (edited by reek455 October 14, 2016 1:46 pm)

I just want say thanks to Bill for hosting last nights race and to everyone else that was racing last night, I had a really enjoyable time as always. It was nice to see Beau racing at TooBad, it's always a pleasure to race with him.

Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Thanks Rico, I had an excellent time as well!

The crowd was a little light but the racing was just as exciting and close as ever!

We started the night off racing the F1 cars. Jeff Fields took the win with his Modern Division Scalextric Mercedes followed by Rico Locati and his Policar Ferrari. After the F1 race was finished we raced the Trans Am Class cars. This was the second race of the 2017 NASTE Point Series Championship. The racing in this class was extremely close as usual. Half a lap separated the top four cars. Rico Locati drove to the win and received the maximum points for the night.

Once the Trans Am race was over the crowd started thinning out a bit. There were still eight racers that stuck around to thrash some 1/24 BRM Porsche 962s. Chris Kouba had an incredible drive and somehow avoided all the carnage to finish first follwed closely by Dan Fritz. The field for the Over 50 class included six racers. Chris Kouba gain showed us the way to the finish line, this time with his beautiful Cox Ford GT40. Chris was follwed closely in this race by Beau Frazier and his gorgeous clear bodied AMT Grand Sport Corvette!

I had a lot of fun racing with ya'll last night! Thank you to all that braved the weather and made it out for a night of racing!

Here are the official results:

F1
1 Jeff Fields  55.1  + First in MOD Division
2 Rico Locati  53.2  + First in Division
3 Bryan Dickerson  53.0  + First in END
4 Dan Fritz  52.4  + First in SVD
5 John Fisher  50.9 + First in SWD
6 Amy Fields  50.7
7 Mitch Brooks  49.4 + First in CCD
8 Terry Abbott  49.2 + First in O50D
9 Bill Bostic  49.1
10 Chris Kouba 48.7
11 Beau Frazier 46.3

Trans Am - Official NASTE Point Series Championship Race - 2017 Season - Race No.2
1 Rico Locati 53.6 laps - 9.656 fastest lap - 11 points
2 Chris Kouba  53.4 - 9.584 fastest lap - 10 points
3 Bryan Dickerson  53.3 - 9.691 - 9 pts.
4 Jeff Fields 53.1 - 9.495 - 8 pts.
5 Bill Bostic  51.4 - 10.008 - 7 pts.
6 Beau Frazier 51.3 - 10.024 - 6 pts.
7 John Fisher  50.8 - 10.048 - 5 pts.
8 Mitch Brooks  49.8 - 10.036 - 4 pts.
9 Terry Abbott  48.9 - 10.422 - 3 pts.
10 Amy Fields  48.7 - 10.347 - 2 pts.
11 Dan Fritz  47.4 - 10.118 - 1 pt.

BRM Group C
1 Chris Kouba    61.0 Laps
2 Dan Fritz  58.8
3 Rico Locati    57.6
4 Beau Frazier   56.0
5 Bryan Dickerson  54.6
6 Bill Bostic    54.4
7 John Fisher  50.7
8 Mitch Brooks   49.9

Over 50
1 Chris Kouba  55.0 Laps
2 Beau Frazier  53.2 
3 Dan Fritz    52.5
4 Mitch Brooks   51.6
5 - tie -Rico Locati  47.7
5 - tie - Bill Bostic   47.7

What a fun night of hard fought, close racing again...  Thanks Bill.

Thankfully I somehow did manage to avoid most of the carnage with the BRM's and over 50.  Some of those heats in the TA class were PHENOMENALLY close!  Good competition and great people, and I was happy to come in 2nd.  Looking forward to the next Odd Thurs, but unfortunately I'll miss it.  I will be around for the next one after that though...  So looking forward to that!

CK

I like McDonald's!

FAT MAC !

I dont eat McDonald's after finding a used band aid  in the half consumed cheeseburger i got from the one up the road from your place a few summers ago. thus the joke her saying enjoy Mcdonald's.

The secondnidator

GROSS!!!!

I figured out the handling problem I had with my Cartrix Aston Martin. I opened it up and scraped the glue off of the side of the motor. It turns out the used "blue Motor" I grabbed out of the box was a Cobra 26K motor, I wasn't even aware I still had one. I replaced it with an 18K Hawk motor. It's much more user friendly now.

We can change motors in the Cartrix F1 cars and still be legal?

"Big Smooth"

The actual RULES for the Cartrix Division do not permit changing the motors. I think you have the only legal one Monte!

No wonder mine are so slow.  cool

"Big Smooth"

I'm not racing the other Cartrix cars, I'm racing all of the other cars. It now runs in the high 7s and low 8s at Al's lap after lap without coming out of the slot. Besides I bought it used with a bad motor, but that equals cheap.
  After doing so well the last couple of months in the over 50 class my Porsche and I got quite a spanking last Thursday night. Somebody's been working on their cars, so I decided it must be tune up time. I replaced the loose sloppy axle bearings with some brand new oilites and made a few other adjustments. It now runs smooth as glass and was turning a steady stream of 7.7s and a few 7.5s if I chose to lean on it, all without leaving the slot. I'm ready for a rematch, if I can just keep my hands off of it until the next odd Thursday.

No Doc, it wasn't me or the wife as she was home with the kids. However, I did see a surprising amount of people sporting Oregon Duck colors.  Conversely, I was actually quite surprised how little "Hook'em Horns" (i.e. Texas) gear we saw considering the college is located downtown Austin.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Found 'em Doc. I'll get them to you at the next race!

We had some excellent racing at Al's Rippin' Ridin' Raceway last night! Eleven racers competed in the Can Am/USRRC, BRM Group C, and the Over 50classes, as well as the third 2017 NASTE Point Series Championship race with the Trans Am cars. Thanks to Al for hosting this fun race!

Results:

Can Am/USRRC
1 Monte    69.9 laps
2 tie  Daniel    66.2
2 tie  Al    66.2
4 Greg    66
5 Gary    65.3
6 Jeff    63.7
7 Mitch    61.8
8 Beau    60.7
9 Bill    57.9
10 Dick    55.8
11 Amy    55

Trans Am
1 Al    63.6 laps
2 Daniel    63.2
3 Bill    61.8
4 Jeff    61.4
5 Mitch    61.4
6 Gary    60.7
7 Beau    59.3
8 Monte    56.7
9 Dick    53.1
10 Greg    52
11 Amy    49

BRM Group C
1 Daniel    71 laps
2 tie Al    68.6
2 tie Greg    68.6
4 Bill    68.1
5 Mitch    64.9

Over 50
1 Mitch    68.6
2 Al    67.3
3 Daniel    59.7
4 Bill    56

Hey Al: Thank you for the fun track time on you're track.