Re: Current Status

Mess?  That's a nice looking car.

"Big Smooth"

Mine looks the same or worse

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Working on urethane tires this morning. I find this kind of work somewhat relaxing. As a retiree it keeps me occupied and I get the satisfaction of making something. With the 10 I poured today, we now have 75 molds! That means we make in excess of 150 different tires for 1/32, 1/24, and HO scale slot cars.

Thanks to everyone that has given us tires to mold from. We would have nevr been able to come up with this many molds without all your help! I hope eevryone enjoys the tires we make and gets good use out of them!

=========Bill

Yes Bill; i am enjoying running BOSA tires. I also would like to to thank you and Monte for all the effort put into this tire project for the Naste racers.

Goose

No complaints from me, they are a solid product.

I haven't posted in here for quite some time.......about 4 1/2 years. For some reason this section of the forum gets a lot of views! So since the last posts here so much has happened! The post just two up from this one was by our dear friend "Goose". Sadly we lost him, he passed away just a couple years ago. We have also lost one of our local slot car heroes Bob McFarland. Before Bob passed he allowed me to become the new caretaker of Checkered Flag Raceway.

Oh yeah, since those last posts in 2016 Diane and I have moved to Vancouver Washington from our place in Fairview Oregon. Too Bad Motorplex was dismantled and as far as I know is still in storage in the Corbett area of Oregon. Once we got moved up here to Vancouver we had a 28' x 30' shop built, where Inslot's Checkered Flag Raceway is now housed. I have finally finished all the revisions I wanted to make to the track and we have held two OSCAR races, a PASER race, and a Northwest True Scale race on the track so far. I purchased "Goose's" entire slot car collection and am still selling off the excess. At this point in time I figure I must still have somewhere around 1,000 to 2,000 slot cars in all scales, all makes, all types, old and new.

We're over one year into this COVID 19 pandemic thing. Diane and I are good, we have both been shot, twice. We finally have most everything we wanted to do to our house done, inside and out. It's been a long process but we are finally getting into a more normal routine, well as normal as the current COVID situation will allow. This evening for some reason I was drawn to the NASTE website's Forum and I began reading some of the old posts. So here I sit typing away.

It's a warm, comfortable place where old slot friends still reside.

"Big Smooth"

Some of those old posts are pretty darn funny. I occasionally surf through some of the old posts. Brings back some good memories.

The pictures  are fun to look at also. Hey look Rico did have hair once upon  a time.

The secondnidator

So did you!!!

reek455 wrote:

So did you!!!

Dont remind me.

The secondnidator

God only made so many perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair !!!

Good one Al