Topic: BRM Tuning

All,

A new livery 962 is now available and it's one for which I have been waiting years...  The #17 Shell from the Nurburgring:

http://www.italiaslot.com/img/1slotlandia/slotlandia_2016/foto/962_Shell_17_1.jpg

I have ordered one, along with a red motor to be legal for Odd Thurs.  It is the first new 962 I have ordered in a LONG(!!!!!) time.

Whenever it happens to arrive, I will begin setting it up and tuning it.  If anyone has their own BRM (either configuration) and wants to tune theirs while I tune mine, I would be happy to work together and help get yours set up as well.  The only downside is I have a bit of traveling coming up and things may not work out until August.

Let me know if you're interested and we can coordinate from there.

Chris

Re: BRM Tuning

Nice looking car Chris

Hey Chris, do you want to organize a test and tune day here at TooBad?

Sure, that'd be ideal but I'll need to scrub my calendar.  What does yours look like?

(don't tell me it has squares with numbers and days of the week on it!)

WHOA............your's looks like that TOO???!!!!!!!!!

Are YOU retired now????

Mine's pretty open, but only Monday through Sundays!!!

My calendar pretty open also would like to attend the test and tune day !

wb0s wrote:

Are YOU retired now????

You have NO idea how much I wish I could say yes to that... but no.

There is a remote possibility I can pull off the afternoon/evening of Weds, July 6- a day before the next Odd Thurs.  Let me know if that works with you guys and I can start figuring out a plan.  Otherwise it'll be sometime in August.

Chris

I'm good with July 6

I might have to join you, my new front ties came today, but my track is too small to get up to tire hopping speed. I suppose I could turn the voltage up, but there is a wall behind turn one.

Chris, I'm good with the 6th. Marked my big paper with the squares and numbers and days of the week!

So, what time we starting the test session on the 6th?

Guys,

I can't do the test & tune this Weds. Will need to reschedule for some time in August. Sorry to tease about it.

CK

I know it'd mean back to back slot nights, but would anyone want to do a BRM test and tune next Weds, 8/10, the day before an Odd Thurs?  I believe a will be available.

Bill - would you be available/willing to host again?

Chris

Can't do that date Chris. Diane and I will be at the beach. My calendar is totally booked until the week of August 22nd!

Maybe Al can do it?

Have fun though Bill!

I'll be there, wherever, whenever.  The more the merrier.

"Big Smooth"

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, thanks, leavin' me out!!!!

We all commute.  Some have longer commutes than others. 

cool

"Big Smooth"

wb0s wrote:

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, thanks, leavin' me out!!!!

You're welcome to excuse yourself from your wife's company at the beach and come back to play with toy cars.  I'm sure that'd be a super-healthy step for your marriage!

I will happily pick another date and to a remedial tuning session with you if it'd make you feel better.

So far it's just Monte and me, neither of us having a track to really do much with so this may be all just bits and bytes on the internet anyway and we'll wait for you to return...

If I come back from the beach to attend, leaving Diane at the beach, can I come live with you afterwards?

wb0s wrote:

If I come back from the beach to attend, leaving Diane at the beach, can I come live with you afterwards?

If you were really lucky, you might still have 1/2 a travel trailer to sleep in. Just sayin'...

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

The trailer will be at the beach..............of course if'n I'm leavin' for slot car stuff, she might tell me to take it with me, or to put it somewhere.................!

I suggest in the spirit of group harmony we consult with Bill on all future dates for tuning.  I'm guessing he'll know something we won't and it's best to have all the knowledge on the table.

"Big Smooth"

I have two spare rooms at my place. Can you handle 5 ankle biting winner dogs?

The secondnidator

Thanks for the support Monte, but I'm thinkin' you might be over-estimating my value!