Topic: International Proxy Series 2009 - We have an entry!

The other day I signed up for the 2009 IPS which is a world wide proxy series starting in early 2009 with 8 races schedued for the series.  The rules have been posted and I've begun forming a crack team of designers from the NASTE ranks to try and build a winning entry.  Cars are pre-63 sports cars with NC-1 motors and Ninco Classic tires.  Sounds like a great time.

The car needs to arrive in Australia in late March so we've got just about 3 months to build a world-beater.  We'll keep you updated on our progress.

"Big Smooth"

Re: International Proxy Series 2009 - We have an entry!

Have you been in contact with Greg Petrolati? This sounds like his cup of tea to me. Where are the rules posted etc????

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Yes, more or less.  He entered after I did so I doubt we'll be trading many secrets.  Here's the link:

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/porta … .php?f=101

"Big Smooth"

I see where he tried to enter, but he might have too late as I don't see his name on the entry list.

They update the list periodically.  There are slots open, I'm sure he'll get in.

"Big Smooth"

OK,  So what do we do next? Fight, argue, decide, agree over what to build?

What body?

That would be the place to start.  Here's the details:

1963 and prior Sports cars - open or closed

Max width: 2.24" (57mm)

Plastic or Resin is ok, but no Lexan.

Head/Tail lights are required per the car.

I'll look through my extra bodies and see what I have that might work.  Almost any of the old Ninco classics would probably be a possible starting point.  Though I don't think I'll be taking the saw to any of the 356's.  But we'd consider a suitable donor.  And if there's something that Resilient Doug makes, well, that's pretty easy to get.

Give it some thought and discussion.

"Big Smooth"

Funny you said resilent resins, I was just checking out what he has on Ebay and I kinda dug the lancia, a maserati and several ferrari's.

I do Resilient Doug's website so it's pretty easy to trade for stuff.  You can check his site and get his complete listing of bodies.  There's quite a few.

"Big Smooth"