Topic: SCX 1/43 cars

Hey, anybody tried out any of these 1/43 SCX cars? I just got a two pack of "Tuner" cars for less than $15 shipped! They are UG-LY, but they run great on my 1/32 scale Scalextric track. Not extremely fast, but not bad! I like the "CHEAP" part of the formula! Might have to try the chassis under a small 1/32 body....  ---------------Bill

Re: SCX 1/43 cars

I have four SCX Compact NASCARS and purchased two pullback NASCARS in a discount toy store that I plan to mount on the chassis to create four different race cars for some IROC fun (not that I have a track out but still). I ran two of them at Randy's a while back and they are quite squirly but still fun to drive.

On a recent trip to Target I saw that they now have more models out. F1, DTM, and one other class that I already forgot. I have a figure eight set with level crossing with two of those tuner cars also. Fun for a little while but I'm not going to invest in more track. My kids will grow up on 1/32 and HO!

George

--
"Get the shotgun, Martha. The herd needs a thinnin'." - Bucky Katt

George, the SCX 1/43 sets and cars have been getting really good reviews on the SCX forum from users, they sound like a good deal.  The F1 set look like the best one to get.  Lowest I've seen it has been $79.

I've also seen some pretty nice detailed tracks put together in a much smaller area than what it took to put up either of our tracks.  Why if I only had room for one more track...

"Big Smooth"

Don't you have a living room?

George

--
"Get the shotgun, Martha. The herd needs a thinnin'." - Bucky Katt

Yes I do.  And my wife has made it quite clear it shall stay one.  Now if only I had vaulted ceilings...

"Big Smooth"

Monte, I have saws!!!!  --------------------------Bill

While that's a wonderful idea, something tells me this is not the right time of year to be chopping holes in the roof.

"Big Smooth"

So, we're on for June?????

I'll have you take that up with my economic adviser.

"Big Smooth"

Lotsa luck there!

So has anyone other than Dave done 1/43 yet?  Of course if one of you slot car Santa's wants to drop off a 1/43 scale set, particularly the SCX F1 set, I promise I'll find a location to set it up.  And I've been a really good boy this year.  wink

"Big Smooth"