Topic: Cape Horn Speedway

Yesterday I had the opportunity to meet Rick Branum, and some of the racers that frequent Cape Horn Speedway. Monte, Terry, and I ventured up the Columbia River to Washougal To check out the track and racing action. From my house in Fairview it's only about a 30 minute trip, max. Rick has an excellent race program and the Cape Horn racers are a great bunch of guys! I had a chance to run a few laps, and although I wasn't very fast the Cape Horn guys get around the tight track very quickly! Cape Horn is a 1/24 scale 6 lane track with approximately a 60 to 65 foot lap length. The lanes are spaced at 4 1/2". The lap counting timing is handled by a SRT system using a dead stip trigger. Cape Horn car classes are based on "flexi" type chassis using lexan bodies. The track is in Rick's basement and Rick has very nice spacious pit areas set up. Cape Horn is an excellent place to race and have a great time! I'd like to thank Rick and all the guys for their hospitallity! I'm looking forward to my next trip to Cape Horn and get in some racing! Also on my next trip to Cape Horn I'll take along some of the cars NASTE uses for IROC races. Rick will be hosting a NASTE race for the 2009 season. Thanks Rick!  ---------------------------Bill

Re: Cape Horn Speedway

Bill,
It was great seeing you guys up at the Horn. Looking forward to seeing you on August 23rd. We plane to race the Sprint Cup COT and the Retro Flexi GT Coupes that day. Its nice to see that there are others in the Vancouver/Portland area that share my addiction (slot cars that is big_smile).

SkunkWorx at Cape Horn Speedway

We're car pooling to Cape Horn tomorrow for Rick's race. We'll be meeting at the K Mart on NE 122nd & Sandy Blvd at 1:30 PM.  ---------------------------Bill

As much as I would like to I won't be able to make it tomorrow.

Have fun, guys!

George

--
"Get the shotgun, Martha. The herd needs a thinnin'." - Bucky Katt

We will try to represent you well Geaorge, in spirit anyway! Hey, I haven't forgot your chassis'. Still researching....  ------------Bill

Good to see you guys up here at the Horn. We had fun. Bill is right about the Falcon 7 being alot quicker than the earlier versions. Even with the disadvantage that Bill and John had with the older motors, they posted respectable results in both races. Hope to see you all again soon!.........Rick

SkunkWorx at Cape Horn Speedway

Thanks for having us up Rick! We love your track and had a great time racing with you guys! As Arnold would say "I'll be back"!  -------------Bill

We had a great time with you guys up at Cape Horn on the 8th!!! Looking forward to more racing with you guys!!! Maybe we should have an annual FLEXI KILL!!!! What a HOOT!!!  -------------Bill