Re: On The Bench - CHEAP Slot Cars?

I ended up biting the bullet and ordering the repro windshield for 19.99 plus shipping- I vac formed a really decent one-(after about 6 tries) but then figured what the heck might as well do it correct since I had so much time in getting the body ready for paint. Well I actually like the shape or contour of my formed windshield better- the repop is flat or "squareish" on top - I don't remember it being that way as a kid, and it didn't have the little posts on the bottom that index into the interior so was kinda hard to mount and needed some trimming but it's got the windshield wiper and corner posts so it's ok. I think maybe he made the mold with a 3d printer- hence the flat bottom-no posts. On the vwomps I can spill the beans now- ive been watching two of them on e-bay, they were around 12 bucks complete...well just checked and the first one is now over 41 bucks! they end today and it will be interesting to see how high they go- I think you can still find em new for less than that- or at least all the parts- I know I've seen the steel chassis for 9.99 on somebody's site... I hope it's not all Naste members bidding each other up!. P.S. I think I posted the car pics under the wrong topic but I don't know how to move em.

Well I think folks must be watching this site and speculation purchasing what they think will be the next candidate for cheap rides....the parma womps went for 52 bucks and 61 bucks today....I know I had seen womp womps not that long ago unsold-0 bidders with a starting price of 9.99. Bill I think you're just gonna have to keep your quest for cheapness on the downlow until after testing and we can then grab some before the word gets out. I guess overall though the uptick in pricing and sales across the board is showing a positive growth or at least interest in the hobby...I know I have had a blast with everyone and really look forward to the get together's.

WHAT???!!!!  $50 to $60 for a WHOMP????!!!!   ARE THEY NUTS????!!!!

I might have to sell mine now????!!!!!!

Just checked on PCH's site. You can get BRAND NEW Womps with bodies for $31.50!!!!!

Wasn't it PT Barnum who said there's a sucker born every minute?  EBay must have a magnetic pull on them.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Ebay must be the favorite show in the "ward".....

Womp bare chassis are on only $8.00!

THen there's this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161611462745?_t … EBIDX%3AIT

Currently at $18 (+$11 for shipping).  Not a favorite body style but that's easily swapped.  You probably can't buy wheels/tires & motor for $18.

Very true Mr. Kouba!

Just looked it up, that's a $50 chassis kit from ProTrack...  I am tempted...

Temptation is the first step to slot car ownership!!!!!

Oh, don't kid yourself- I bid on it.  I was outbid as I didn't bid aggressively, but I did bid.

We don't have a class for something like that though, so I let it go.  For now...

That's how we end up with so many classes!!!!

I just had an offer accepted.............CRAP!!!!

More Womp testing today. Looks like we decided a 7 tooth pinion and a 28 or 29 tooth crown was the best gear setup for the TooBad track. Man, these things are fun!