1 (edited by kidvolt April 10, 2014 6:58 am)

Topic: NASTEburgring

http://www.naste.org/members/monte/NASTEburgring.jpg

Welcome to our newest race series.  Though short it should also be quite fun.  The idea is a two-race per day event with the first day scheduled for Portland and the second to be in Tacoma.  Here's the rules:

Formula One Challenge
Official Rules v 0.2

Old style racing for vintage Formula One/GP race cars with minor modifications.  The emphasis is on fair and fun competition as well as promoting interactivity between the local Northwest area racers and clubs.

One car per entrant.  You may select your car from either of the three classes.

Classes

Cartrix Classic
Porsche 804
Talbot-Lago
Aston Martin DBR4
Vanwall
Lancia-Ferrari D50
Gordini T32
Maserati 250F F
BRM P-25
Lotus 16

Scalextric Historic
Cooper Climax
Ferrari 375
Ferrari 156 Sharknose
Maserati 250F
Vanwall

Scalextric Vintage
Lotus 49
Eagle

Modifications:
Any modifications not listed below are not allowed.  Cars found to not be in compliance will be crushed, burned and bagged prior to their return.

"Big Smooth"

Re: NASTEburgring

So, stock wheels only?

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Correct.

"Big Smooth"

Both Fantasy World Hobbies and 132slotcar.us have the Lotus 49B white kit available at $39.99.  This is one of the two cars available for the [b]Scalextric Vintage[b] class.

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server3800/b6a42/products/28144/images/44925/c3442_blk__65895.1378397697.500.300.jpg?c=1

Fantasy World

132slotcar.us

Eagles also available but they're a little more.  Those are probably the two lower priced options for this race if you'd like to have your own car and don't yet.  If you would prefer a loaner contact me and we'll get you set up.

"Big Smooth"

Yes it's true!  It starts this Saturday, June 21st. The Nasteburgring opening round will be held at TooBad Motorplex in Fairview Oregon, followed by the second round at Penguin Point in Hillsboro Oregon.

For those interested in some breakfast before the racing begins on Saturday, we will be meeting at 8:00 am at the Stagecoach Saloon (20101 NE Sandy Blvd., Fairview Oregon 97024) for their world famous $4 breakfast - 2 eggs, 2 bacon or sausage, hashbrown potatoes, and toast.

After breakfast we will travel the 2 miles to race at TooBad Motorplex where the doors open at 10:00am.

After the race at TooBad Motorplex we will travel a little over 2 miles (ok, maybe a little over 20 miles) to Penguin Point in Hillsboro for the second round of racing.

And yes, loaners are still available, contact Monte.

"Big Smooth"

Thanks to Bill and Monte for hosting us Washingtonians yesterday.  It was nice to see some familiar faces as well as meeting some new ones.  We had a fun day of racing and look forward to hosting the second round of racing.  I am looking at Derek's WSU schedule so we can confirm the date.

Hope to see you all soon

-John

-John

It was a great day of racing! We always have fun racing with our northern Washington based friends. Monte did an excellent job of putting this series together! I'm looking forward to the next round up north!

We will be arranging car pools to facilitate the invasion!

===========Bill

Me?

I'm shopping for a Cartrix and Luf tires.

No wonder the price is up on them this morning!!!

I hate to hear that.  Always looking for a good bargain on Cartrix classics.

"Big Smooth"

How about some results.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-PLhk … sp=sharing

"Big Smooth"

Points are awarded based on Class as follows:

1 point to each driver for entering.
1 point for each car in your class that you finish ahead of.

"Big Smooth"

Tentative date for the event up North will be August 17th.  The initial plan is to run on Victor's 4-lane Scalextric Sport and John's 4-lane routed track.  It should be a great day so let's start planning to see how many of us we can get to the race.

I'm going to talk with John about some minor rule modifications for the Cartrix cars.  More as it occurs.

"Big Smooth"

A little bit of sneaky advertisement!
http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_6531.jpg

Anyone headed North to the race tomorrow will want to check this out:

http://wsdotblog.blogspot.com/2014/09/t … l.html?m=1

hmm

--
Tracy

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Queue the fat lady, the Nasteburgring 2014 has come to an end. Today we had 11 Oregonian racers brave the I-5 construction in Olympia to join 9 racers from Washington for the finale. The morning started off with a round at Quick Vic's after a hearty breakfast. After the round was held it was a trek North to Auburn for racing and pizzas courtesy of Crikey. You will see in the attached results, the column with #points is the results from the first round at Victor's and the column with the laps is the results from my round. The totals are the combined totals from both rounds.

Chrissy and I would like to thank to all the racers today, especially the ones who made the large travel commitment from the Portland area. Safe travels to everyone on their way home.

Hope to see you all for the upcoming enduro at my house.

Post's attachments

Results-NASTYBURG FINALRESULTS-9-13-2014.pdf 118.96 kb, 13 downloads since 2014-09-13 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
-John

Thanks for the fun and the food everyone, it was certainly worth the drive! big_smile

--
Tracy

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

A big thanks to Victor and John & Chrissy for a fantastic day of racing!  Our northern friends are always fun to race with!

==============Bill

Agreed, always.  Great group and great times.  We should plan another similar event for next year.

"Big Smooth"

Yee haw, my goal was to finish in the top ten and I did, just barely.  It was a fun road road trip and we certainly circumnavigated any trouble on I-5.  Thanks to our hosts up north for their gracious hospitality.

Thank you Washington for being such great hosts  and providing good food and fun racing. It's always nice to meet new slot racers and run on new tracks no matter how well you place on new tracks.

Goose

Here are the overall final results for NASTEburgring 2014:  https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-PLhkr … VGWWM/edit

Congrats to The Professor, John Powers from Auburn Washington!

23 (edited by FLY RACING September 21, 2014 6:54 am)

FUN TIME !  ... I gotta chuckle ? RAY BATHCHELOR  is a 1/24   ONLY !    racer I have known for decades up here in the PNW   RAY BISHOP is the PESKY BRITT ! He's the one who raced with us w/ one of my lotus 49's 

ALSO ???? im confused ? for winning my class ? (Historic) how is it I only get 2 points ?? I cant make heads or tails of your scoring system ?

My understanding of the points system for the NASTEburgring is you received a single point for competing , and you received one point for each entry you beat in your class. It looks like there were only two cars entered in the Scalextric Historic class at both races in the Tacoma area. Likewise in the Cartrix class there were only two entries in each of the four races. The maximum points the winner of each of those races could receive was also two. In the two Oregon races there were four entries in the Scalextric Historic class races. The winners of each of those races were awarded a total of four points. Most racers entered the Scalextric Vintage class, with seven entries in the Oregon races and sixteen in the Washington races. That's where the big points were, but there were also more racers competing for a win.

OK ! so I won my class with 2 points !  It was fun scaring the 49's w/my 156 !