Topic: NASCAR Craziness at Hawksbill

Racing is always exciting at Hawksbill, but last night's NASCAR race was wild!

Thanks to Dennis & Charlotte for a fun evening with great food as usual!!!!

------------------------Bill

Re: NASCAR Craziness at Hawksbill

Wild?  After last night my car still won't come out of the box.

"Big Smooth"

Nothin' like those last minute pit road modifications!

Posted for Dennis Hart at Hawksbill Station:

Yee Haw!

Congratulations to Bill Bostic for his winning of the First Annual Billy Bob 300 NASCAR International Race of Champions held last nite at the challenging Hawksbill Station Raceway in beautiful rural Warren.  Bill completed 307 laps followed by Tracy Flood with 297 and Monte Saager in 3rd with 283 before a crowd of four enthusiastic spectators ( Tim, Victoria, Charlotte & Lilly ).  Actually, I was surprised anyone showed up in the heat and not surprised that the races did not get started until 8 as it required going up to the warm shop attic.

Speaking for myself, it was a good learning experience resulting in some changes at Hawksbill.  Firstly, non-magnet racing is a non-starter here.  There is simply no way to keep a car without them in the slot on those heavily banked Carrera turns.  Be advised to put a magnet in any car you plan on racing.  There are many other ways to level the playing field.  Secondly, in the future, I am asking those who wish to eat dinner here ( our pleasure ) to kindly RSVP for such at least two days in advance.  Of course, you are always welcome for snacks and drinks provided for you and all guests without an RSVP.  Hospitality - yes!  Waste - no, thank you.  Along that same line, certificates for winning will be made up and presented at the following race or mailed at your request.  Minimum of three people in a racing class for awards.

Next race event here will feature two separate events.  First, a short "Texas Whip Out" ( ANY car ) sprint of 2 minutes in each lane followed by a 200 lap GT/LMP qualified IROC of 50 laps ( not minutes ) in each lane.  Date and specifics to follow.  Not to complain, but a slightly better turnout would be nice ( Its just as far from there to here as from here to there ).  Also, I honestly appreciate any suggestion or idea that might make racing here more attractive to you.  Thanx.

With Warmest ( no kidding ) Regards,

- Dennis

P.S. - I'm planning to live forever.
         So far. so good !