Re: Current Status

85 degrees......sunny.....im in my happy place right now.........

"Due to economic cutbacks,the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"

Where on earth?

"Big Smooth"

What in the world are you doing posting on this forum with weather like that?  Get busy doing something better!!!!

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

ok.....back to reality....its 65 degrees and sunny....

"Due to economic cutbacks,the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"

Hood River.....43 degrees........FOGGY & RAINY!!!!...the river looks dryer!!!!

Bill- It looks like you've been everywhere but racin lately.........

Ain't that the miserable truth!!!!!

My ass is beat this morning! I worked in my garage all day yesterday. Takin' another run at completing my 3 lane routed track. My garage is such a mess I have to move all the junk so I can work, then come clean up time I have to move it all back so I can get the T-Bird back in........what a mess! ............But I did get the first platform for the track up. Even includes some storage space!   ----------------------Bill

Good job!  Congrats!!!!!!!!  I spent yesterday working on Digital cars, track and controllers.  Everything is A-Ok!

"Big Smooth"

60 (edited by reek455 April 19, 2010 8:52 am)

I spent the day behind the wheel.  Hillsboro- 8AM, Milwaukie- 11AM, Beaverton- 1Pm, Lake Oswego-1:30, Beaverton- 5PM, NE Portland 5:30PM and finally back home at 6:45. 

I seriously doubt everything is A-OK on the digital cars after the whoopin' they got Saturday evening, driveable maybe, but not A-OK.

I can't wait to try out that new track, glad to see you are making progress.

Rico

We definately abused some digital cars Saturday!!!!!

KUDOS to SCX for the duribilty of their digital cars!!!

Seriously, the cars are just fine.  I spent a GREAT amount of time in the garage yesterday afternoon working on things.  Victoria test drove while I did repairs.  All the cars are just fine EXCEPT the safety car which is suffering from a previous issue.

Mostly the cars get their little tabs bent around when the guides get pulled out.  I typically had to pull apart the running gear so I could take out the Digital chip unit to straighten them back up.  In every case it was most successful.

I also got the smoothness back into two of the three controllers that were acting up.  The third one may need to be replaced.  Fortunately I have a total of 7.

It's just little adjustments.  And as Bill says, thge cars are proving surprisingly durable.

"Big Smooth"

Sunday night, just finished listing some 1/24th stuff on Ebay for Gary. Got some more work done on my track this weekend. Have re-acquainted myself with my router, bondo, and sanding block. Have changed the plan (again) and pretty much scrapped all the sections I had done from a few years ago. Still might find a use for some of it, not sure at this point. The (current) plan is to finish the upper section of the track before starting on the lower infield. The upper section consists of about 1/3 of the total layout (give or take - hard to figure when the details are only in your head). So far have about 20 feet of three lane routed................................. LONG way to go!!!

Saturday, nice warm sunny day!!!  Bondo, sand, Bondo, sand, Bondo, sand, Bondo, sand, Bondo, sand.................................

65 (edited by reek455 October 5, 2010 12:19 pm)

wb0s wrote:

Saturday, nice warm sunny day!!!  Bondo, sand, Bondo, sand, Bondo, sand, Bondo, sand, Bondo, sand.................................

Sneeze alot from the dust and get a headache from the Bondo fumes.......sounds like fun to me!

Very true!!!!  ----------------Bill

Garage salin' today.   

Bought a used Magna-Traction car......with a Quadra-Lam armature in it!!!!

SCORE!!!!!!

Ain't been in here for awhile either!

Overcast and warm this mornin'.  Time to start getting ready for the BBQ next Saturday!!!

Perfect day for a retiree!!!!!!

Quit rubbin' it in would ya? Cuz we're all jealous.....

C'mon Rico, take the day off and chill.  Spent the weekend playing with digital cars.  Enjoyed every minute!

"Big Smooth"

What can I say?

I did my time, now it's ALL my time!!!

Maybe you should've kept that Thunderbird after all. It is a (F)or (O)ld (R)etired (D)udes or pick your own favorite FORD acronym.

HEY, I like that one!!!!

I suppose I could just cut the top off the Subaru............

Sure like to see that.

"Big Smooth"

Diane would KILL me!!!!

On another note,.....the SKUNK is BACK!!!!  He gave me the tail wag last night................

The dog thinks it's a cat...........