Topic: Penguin Point Sunday January 2nd 2011

Thank you Monte & Victoria for another fun day of racing and eating!!!!   ---------------------Bill

Re: Penguin Point Sunday January 2nd 2011

That soup was excellent, I had 2.5 bowls and won't have many friends tomorrow. Thanks guys.

Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Yes, the soup was excellent.

A big Thank You! to Monte and Victoria for hosting such wonderful gatherings.

George

--
"Get the shotgun, Martha. The herd needs a thinnin'." - Bucky Katt

Well goodness, what a turn-out!  Thank you all.  We had 19 racers for the first event of the year.  I think that's our largest group so far.  And what a day of racing it was.

After the first round Randy, Bryan, Rico and I all stood with perfect scores of 15.  But only Randy could maintain the pace in the second set as the rest of us all slipped up a time or two.  And who's car did he run?  Rico's.

Congrats to Racin' Randy!

I liked the cars, it was a nice, somewhat diverse group.  It's also good to get to play with some of these other cars we've had for some time.  I thought my Mosler did pretty well and Rico's Porsche was sailing right along.  We'll see how well these lexan chassis hold up.  I must admit I am not optimistic.

We'd like to give an extra-special thank you to George who provided us with those two Lexus and the yellow Porsche that were ably driven by many.  Bryan's probably looking for one of those Porsche's today...  George, we're most appreciative.

And thanks to Victoria for coming up with another great soup format.  That was quite tasty!

On a final note, here's all the preparation I did to my cars for the race:

1.  Remove the magnet.
2.  Replace the rear tires though a few did still have stock tires.
3.  True the tires.

And that's it.  I didn't add weight to a single one of them though I thought I was going to have to with my Pro Mosler.  It was tail-happy as all get out.  Then I replaced the tires.  Afterward it was happy as a clam.  It's sometimes amazing what a difference the right set of tires will make.  And what tires were they?  They were very similar to the Fly Classic Urethane hand-out tires that we had made for that series.  That sort of tire seems to work really well on our track.  These were actually made for my SCX digital cars - probably a Euro-Sport wheel size.

Five more races are scheduled for this series so we'll look forward to seeing you next time.

"Big Smooth"