Topic: Pit Crew Figures

I bought two sets of Scalextric pit crews, one with suits in all silver, and the other all blue.  I hand painted three of the silver ones so far.  With a little practice, I think they will look good when I get a pit lane for my track.

[img]paste the direct link from Photobucket[/img]

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z463/cascaderaceway/IMG_0617.jpg

Finishing second, isn't much better than finishing at all........  (I believe a David Pearson quote)

Re: Pit Crew Figures

Those look great!  Nice job.

"Big Smooth"

They look great Mike!!! Details like that really make a track more enjoyable!!!   --------------Bill

Thanks Monte and Bill.  I've been debating about trying to add some patches to their suits.  Maybe like just dabbing a little paint here and there.  I guess I should just give it a try and see how it looks.

Finishing second, isn't much better than finishing at all........  (I believe a David Pearson quote)

That's right, there's nothing you can screw up that you can't redo.  That's been my practice...

"Big Smooth"

And he's had lots of practice....

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

reek455 wrote:

And he's had lots of practice....

Yup, these are my friends.  LOL

"Big Smooth"

We know, who needs enemies with.....

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

I tried to add some patches to my crew's uniforms.  At first it resembled a cryptic face!  A painter I am not!  But, I touched up some things, and though not real happy with the results, I think just dabbing some paint on could work. 

I painted three more pit crew members for another car.  The lighting is bad.  I guess I'm not much of a camera man either!

I was wondering, has anyone tried decoupaging a small "decal" on?  To mimic those big patches on the back of a uniform.

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z463/cascaderaceway/IMG_0619.jpg