Topic: The BullRing @ TooBad Motorplex for 1/32

Played around on my 6 lane routed track tonight with some 1/32 cars. Found that rubber tires and the urethane tires Glenn made work VERY well! My TCONY Slot.It car worked excellent, as did my NSR Mosler car. No modifications were made to either car for running on the big track. I also have a couple Slot.It Nissans that John modified for me that work very well. John modified the Nissans by adding some weight. Other than that I'm not sure what he did to them. They have silicon rear tires on them right now, but I'm thinking a switch to rubber or urethane would be an improvement over the silicons.  -----------------Bill

Re: The BullRing @ TooBad Motorplex for 1/32

When I visited Luf Linkert in Vancouver BC he said that silicone tires don't work on routed (painted) track. He used stock tires or the home made (Winnipeg) tires that are comparable to the ones Glenn made for us. I did read that there are many different recipes for making urethane tires but in general they are the same. The 1/32 cars  on Luf's tracks performed well. You can watch some of the cars going around the track on his website to get an idea of the handling of the cars.

George

--
"Get the shotgun, Martha. The herd needs a thinnin'." - Bucky Katt

Thanks George. I think the key to running the 1/32 cars on my 6 lane track is just finding the right tires.  -----------Bill

Sold the BullRing........It went back to Roseburg Oregon................I kind miss it sometimes...................but I like the room in my garage!   ---------------------Bill