Topic: Penguin Point Raceway - First Sunday Race Results - March

A field of eight racers showed up for the second race in the new Penguin Point Lifetime Points Series.  The cars of choice were Fly Classics.  The heats were 2 minutes in length.

Basically drivers earn points in each heat:

1st: 5 points
2nd: 3 points
3rd: 1 point

This was the first race where the new urethane hand-out tires were available.  Rico generously used his tire truer to make a nice set of tires for each racer in attendance.  I can say that for my car, first it reduced the hop that I was getting from the NSR and Slot.It tires that I was using, but by the end of the race they were absolutely smooth with no hop at all.  The grip was just about perfect.  I was extremely pleased and plan to continue to run them.  A big thanks to John Mitchell who donated the tires.  He considers them to be a Shore 40A compound for those that might be curious.

On a special note, Victoria was seen absolutely flying in a few of her heats, at one point I looked up and I was trailing her.  Go girl, go!

Three rounds were run this afternoon with a perfect score being 45.  Though all tried, no one was able to achieve the full 45 points.  Congrats to all on a fine effort and especially Victoria for really getting her lunch on as well as all the other contributors.  As usual, food outnumbered racers by a tremendous margin and all seemed pretty well fed by the end of the afternoon.  It was a fun day of racing and thanks to all of you that came out.

Here are the official results:
Monte Saager - 43
AJ Locati - 37
Rico Locati - 35
George Vriese - 25
Mike Lombardi - 25
Victoria Saager - 21
Tim Booze - 19
Sean Vriese - 11

Due to the Easter holiday there will be no race the first Sunday in April but we will return the first Sunday in May for more exciting racing action at the Pen.

"Big Smooth"

Re: Penguin Point Raceway - First Sunday Race Results - March

Victoria and Monte,

Thanks for hosting. You guys know how to take care of guests.

George

--
"Get the shotgun, Martha. The herd needs a thinnin'." - Bucky Katt

Re: Penguin Point Raceway - First Sunday Race Results - March

As always a wonderful time was had by all, way more than enough food and drink, just another day and the Pen.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.