1 (edited by racerbob May 31, 2023 8:04 pm)

Topic: NASCAR 4.5 inch Flexi car race

The NASCAR Flexi race at Springwater Raceway is June 3rd, 2023. This race is for the 4.5 inch chassis, using NASCAR car and truck bodies. The race will consist of 4 rounds / 4 minute heats. 2 rounds with cars and 2 rounds with trucks. It has been asked if the cars and trucks must use the same chassis all the way through. The answer is no. You can race a different chassis between the cars and trucks. You cannot change chassis during the cars or the trucks. This is the final race of the season at Springwater Raceway. I need at least 12 racers to commit to racing before May 27th, 2023. Otherwise the race will be cancelled with no makeup date. UPDATE: Been on vacation and could not update list. Thank you Bill Bostic for updating list. Race will run as scheduled with the current list. See you all Saturday.

List of Racers for event:
1. Bob N.
2. Bill Bostic
3. Turing John
4. Mitch B.
5. Gary Klein
6. Hersch
7. Bart
8. Mike L.
9. Forest
10. Ron C.

Re: NASCAR 4.5 inch Flexi car race

I am IN!

I plan on being there.

Another fantastic race at Springwater Raceway! We ended up with a field of 11 racers. These 4.5 inch Flexi cars are an absolute blast to race on the Springwater Ogilvie track! We raced 4 minute heats, 4 times through (4 rounds), 2 rounds with NASCAR COT bodies, and 2 rounds with NASCAR truck bodies.

This race had it all! Carnage filled wrecks as well as some extremely close door to door racing! We destroyed bodies, bent chassis, and used up motors, but everyone was smiling and having a good time!

In the end the top four were (L to R): John G., Bob N., Gary T., Gary K.

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/sprinwaterflexijune62023c.jpg

The last race of the season at Springwater Raceway was, as Bill put it; Fantastic. A Warm and sunny day was the backdrop for a memorable day of racing. Pizza and snacks kept everyone's energy levels up (I think) along with some very close racing. Thanks to my wife, Teri, for getting and delivering the pizza. A special thanks to those who traveled from Bend, Eugene and Woodburn, which provided a full field of 12 racers. The final results reflect the commitment of this group of racers to providing help, encouragement and support to see that all racers finish the race.  Here ya go:

Name                  Laps

1st - Gary Tipton           689.8
2nd - Scary Gary           653.7
3rd - NakNak                648.1
4th - Turing John           625.3
5th - Forest Not Gump   611.5
6th - Mikey4q                610.1
7th - Bartman               590.7
8th - Bad Billy               554.6
9th - Ron                      544.7
10th - Hersh                 528.5
11th-Fearless Frank       497.5