1 (edited by racerbob January 13, 2023 7:24 am)

Topic: PASER Even Thursday

Had an eventful first even Thursday race at The Gorge Raceway. The Womp race was cancelled due to an insufficient number of racers. It was test and tune until the 6pm Late Model Sportsman race. 6 racers participated with a 3 lane, 4-minute heats, 2 times through format. Never a dull moment running these cars on the tight and twisty configuration of the track. When all was said and done.................
1st: Racerbob - 227.5 laps
2nd: Prozack - 223.5 laps
3rd: Bad Billy - 220.1 laps
4th: Howie - 185.5 laps
5th: Rico - 175.6 laps
6th: Doug - 100.6 laps
Thank you to those who came to race. It was a fun time!

Re: PASER Even Thursday

Again, great racing! Thanks Bob!

Looks like I missed  out.  I had no car but could of fumble  cars during corner  Marshalling..

The secondnidator

Cars are starting to show up for sale here and there.

5 (edited by docdoom January 13, 2023 12:23 pm)

Well next time  one comes free let me know.

The secondnidator

I guarantee you won't get a 1/24 hardbody car for free!

Well free is just a starting price it can go up from there..

The secondnidator

I really feel that this even Thursday racing will catch on because it is a lot of fun under a no pressure/fun time atmosphere. This was somewhat a low turnout but it was a lot of fun as usual for these events. Thanks Bob for having us over.

9 (edited by docdoom January 13, 2023 5:47 pm)

I only have a few 1/24 cars and one that is set up for any of the classes and that's nastruck. So, I need to build or get some purchased that guys no longer want to race. I do think just having one start time on both night use will be better to stop any confusion. 6pm should work. Even when we had really big turns outs at Bill old track the 1st two rounds were done by 9pm and it was only the real die hands that stuck around for the last race of the night.

The secondnidator

You have good points there Doc!

Some discussion today lead us to considering a dinner versus lunch optional meeting before the race, at around 4:00pm. Track would open at 5:00pm with racing to start at 6:00pm.

We also discussed racing 2 classes, with 3 or 4 minute heats (depending on attendance), one time through. Classes considered for right now were Flexi and Sportsman.

The schedule for the next Even Thursday on the Calendar reflects today's discussion.

I like the later hours. It gives the guys that are still working time to get to the track, race and have a good time and still get home at a decent hour. I also like the optional dinner thing. I used to race at Slot Car Central every Wed. night while working a steady job and I really liked it as it broke up the week with some fun racing.

I am in favor of these changes also.

Doc, I can build you a econo car sometime soonish. I am finishing one now for Tim then I will start another.

Zack

that would be great Zach. Thanks

The secondnidator

PASER opened the doors at Inslot's Checkered Flag Raceway to 13 racers for last night's Even Thursday Night racing. The doors opened at 5:00PM for practice. During the practice session the JK RTR cars were introduced. A couple racers that already had the JK cars let some of the other racers try them out. By the end of practice both of the cars PASER had in stock were sold! These cars are awesome right out of the box!

The first class to grid for the night was the Flexi Class. The class was made up of both new JK RTR cars as well as older race prepped Parma Flexis and Champion cars. By the end of the race the new JK cars had showed their worth finishing first, third, fourth, and fifth. Congrats to John G. on his win! Three racers missed single laps due to "rider" incidents. Al's lap totals shown should include one additional for an actual total of 175 laps, placing him in 7th just one lap ahead of Bart. Rob's actual total is 170, one lap more than shown, but does not change his 9th place finish position. Kirk's lap total should be 190 with him still in 5th place.

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/ICFR_IMG_5530.jpg

Here are the race results from the Flexi Class:
http://www.naste.org/members/bill/ICFR_IMG_5533.jpg

Flexi Class race stats:
http://www.naste.org/members/bill/ICFR_IMG_5535.jpg
http://www.naste.org/members/bill/ICFR_IMG_5536.jpg
http://www.naste.org/members/bill/ICFR_IMG_5537.jpg

After the Flexi Class the Sportsman Class cars took the track. We had 9 racers for this race. When the checkered flag dropped John G. had again crossed the line first!

Sportsman Class race results:
http://www.naste.org/members/bill/ICFR_IMG_5539.jpg

Sportsman Race stats:
http://www.naste.org/members/bill/ICFR_IMG_5541.jpg
http://www.naste.org/members/bill/ICFR_IMG_5542.jpg

I had a great time racing and visiting with my fellow competitors and friends! It is looking as though Even Thursdays are going to be a good thing! Thanks to everyone that made it out!   =======Bill

16 (edited by racerbob February 17, 2023 4:12 pm)

February 16th, 2023

PASER Thursday at Rob's Redline Raceway was, to describe with one word? WILD! The 4 inch Flexi class and the Late Model Sportsman class took to the tight and fast track which provided a memorable evening of speed, driving skill and cars flying in the air to keep everyone on their toes. The final results show the level of competition is increasing as racers become more familiar with the layout. He ya go!
4 inch Flexi cars:
1st - Bad Billy   190 laps
2nd - Turing John.  189 laps
3rd - NakNak.  188 laps
4th - Doc - 176 laps
5th - Rob - 175 laps
6th - Bartman - 170 laps
7th - Henry - 149 laps
8th - Gerry - 112 laps
Late Model Sportsman:
1st - Bad Billy - 180 laps
2nd - NakNak - 176 laps
3rd - Bartman - 159 laps
4th - Doc - 156 laps
5th - Howie - 95 laps

First off, thanks to Rob for hosting the evenings racing!

Secondly, holy crap-o-le!........passing & crashing!..........If rubbin' is racin'........what is bashin' exactly????

........I think I may have killed some cars..........

Yes it was indeed wild night. going take me a lot more laps before I get that track down. howie nearly had his car land back at his pit spot with that rider he had...

The secondnidator

Great  turn out at Bob last night lots of big smile on every body face for the most part. And no that was a grimacing  smile of pain on my face all night. Getting old sucks

The secondnidator

20 (edited by racerbob March 4, 2023 7:19 am)

PASER Thursday 3/2/2023

Another PASER Thursday is in the books. This book was full of everything one could hope for. Tension, speed, conflict (crashes) and close finishes. Thirteen racers came and all had a great time.
The WOMP and 4" Flexi classes were the chapters to be written.
A Big Thank you to all who came and participated. The conclusion to this book are as follows:
WOMP:
1st - Turing John - 107.6 laps
2nd - Racerbob - 101.8 laps
3rd - Bad Billy - 98.2 laps
4th - Doc - 95.7 laps
5th - Chet - 91.4 laps
6th - Bartman - 90.0 laps
7th - Meat - 88.0 laps
8th - Skid Mark - 87.7 laps
9th - Captain Kirk - 85.8 laps
10th - Fearless Frank-84.5 laps
11th - Mitch - 79.8 laps
12th - Tiny Tim - 77.8 laps
13th - Timba - 75.1 laps
4" Flexi:                          laps             fast lap (seconds)
1st - Racerbob             185.6              4.667
2nd -Bad Billy               181.1             4.668
3rd - Turing John          174.1            4.765
4th - Captain Kirk         160.8            5.168
5th - Doc                      158.2            5.302
6th -  Tiny Tim              157.4            5.011
7th - Meat                    150.8            5.283
8th - Chet                     150.7            5.203
9th - Skid Mark            148.2            5.412
10th - Mitch                 146.5            5.445
11th - Bartman             142.2            5.608
12th - Fearless Frank    137.1            5.990
13th - Timba                 128.2           6.458
As racers get familiar with this tight layout, the racing gets closer and closer.

21 (edited by reek455 March 3, 2023 1:23 pm)

`Yes, it was a jovial bunch of racers last light. I hope Mark was not too upset by his nickname, it came from this:

Hardcastle and McCormick is an American action crime drama television series that aired on ABC from September 18, 1983, through May 5, 1986. The series stars Brian Keith as Judge Milton C. Hardcastle and Daniel Hugh Kelly as ex-con and race car driver Mark "Skid" McCormick.

During an interview in the early 1980s, producer Stephen J. Cannell referred to the then-upcoming series as Rolling Thunder.

Premise
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Milton C. "Hardcase" Hardcastle is an eccentric judge notorious for being strict with the law in both his duties and towards defendants. Preparing for his retirement, he notices file drawers filled with 200 people who escaped conviction due to legal technicalities. Inspired by his childhood hero the Lone Ranger, Hardcastle desires to make the criminals answer for their crimes.

Mark McCormick is a smart-mouthed, streetwise car thief. He faces a long incarceration for his latest theft, a prototype sports car called the Coyote X, designed by his murdered best friend. Together, the judge and the car thief strike a deal in which Hardcastle helps McCormick catch the murderer and McCormick agrees to work (his conditional parole) as the judge's agent. In addition, McCormick is allowed to keep the Coyote, which proves to be an excellent pursuit vehicle for their needs.

Cast
Brian Keith as Judge Milton C. "Hardcase" Hardcastle
Daniel Hugh Kelly as "Skid" Mark McCormick
Mary Jackson as Sarah Wicks (1983)
John Hancock as Lt. Michael Delaney (1984–85)
Ed Bernard as Lt. Bill Giles (1984–85)
Joe Santos as Lt. Frank Harper (1985–86)
John Ashley as narrator during show opening

And NOT from the condition of his underwear of which I have no knowledge

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Well little late but it was a light turn out with most guys going to the swap meet  instead  of racing but Bob made it work and it turned out to a fun night with plenty of track time to be had. Thanks for getting the race in. Next stop is across  the River at Robs

The secondnidator

23 (edited by racerbob April 4, 2023 8:16 pm)

March 30th, 2023
PASER Even Thursday featured PASER Trans Am cars at The Gorge Raceway. 5 Racers came to have an evening of fun, competition, cookies and coffee. The program consisted of 2 racers at a time going head-to-head, with 3 corner marshals, racing 2 - 4 minute heats for 2 rounds and 2 - 3 minute heats for 2 rounds. The side by side racing provided some great neck and neck battles all through the night. The final results show how well the racers are getting to know this tight twisty layout.
Name         Laps
Racerbob   270.6
Doc           260.1
Howie        227.1
Hersh        222.5
Mitch         201.0
Thanks to everyone who came to support the Even Thursday Program.

Last night was PASER's Even Thursday Racing at Rob's Redline Raceway in Vancouver. We had 8 racers in attendance, just enough for four full lanes of racing with an adequate number turn marshals. First cars to the grid were Womp Class cars. The Womps are a handful on Rob's track, but they make for some close racing and a lot of fun! Kirk Smith and John Gill tied for first, with Kirk edging out John for the win with a better average lap time. Here's the results:

1st Kirk 158 laps 4.818 second average lap time
2nd John 158 laps 4.840 second average lap time
3rd Rob 153 laps 4.968 second average lap time
4th Daniel 153 laps 5.012 second average lap time
5th Tim 135.00 laps 5.731 second average lap time
6th Tommy 134.00 laps 5.680 second average lap time
7th Mark 118 laps 6.418 second average lap time
8th Bill 112 laps 4.530 second average lap time - DNF w/broken lead wire

After the Womp race the Flexi Class was up. In this class the new JK flexis are the weapon of choice. The performance of these cars, even unmodified, is just unbelievable! Even with lots of crashing, nerfing, bashing, and over running the corners, the top two spots broke the 200 lap mark! Here are the results:

1st Bill 208 laps 3.679 second average lap time
2nd John 205 laps 3.730 second average lap time
3rd Rob 197 laps 3.856 second average lap time
4th Kirk 192 laps 3.985 second average lap time
5th Daniel 191 laps 3.990 second average lap time
6thTim 173 laps 4.435 second average lap time
7th Tommy 163 laps 4.686 second average lap time
8th Mark 127 laps 6.010 second average lap time

Thanks Rob for providing us with a top notch racing facility and an awesome track to race on! Not to mention great coffee and cookies!

Yep was lots of fun. MR Bill would of sweep the classes  if not for a broken lead wire on the womp. That thing was fast. Only running a few tenths off what the flex cars were running. He was seen locking it up in the pit box to keep prying eyes and cameras  away from finding his tuning secrets. Rumor is nothing makes up for big horse power...

The secondnidator