Topic: Can Am Class Changes for 2024 Season!

After this current 2023 there will be changes to the Can Am Class. The biggest change to the existing rules is the requirement for ALL bodies to be manufactured by Team Bluegroove. They currently list 17 different Can Am style bodies for sale on their website, which provides plenty of selection! The new rules, which will take effect sometime in September 2023 for the 2024 racing season, are listed below:

CHASSIS: Any chassis design, inline, angle, or sidewinder. Scratch built, production, or modified production. No portion of the chassis should  be seen outside the body. Guide flag cannot stick out beyond the nose of the body. Chassis parts can be produced, guide flag tongues, motor mounts, axle mounts. 

BODY: Must use Team Bluegroove brand .030” thick body. Eligible bodies types are listed below.

BODY MOUNTING: No stretching of the bodies. If your body is 3.0" wide your chassis should be no wider than 3.0".

MOTOR: Hawk7, Pro Slot & Parma Super 16D (Chinese armatures).

TIRES: Fronts: minimum diameter shall not be less than .800”. Minimum tire width is .250" and flat to the track, no rounding of the tires. Tires must contact, and be flat to the track surface. May coat for hardness. NO "O" RINGS.  Rear tires are .900” minimum diameter. Tires may not stick out beyond body.

BEARINGS AND AXLES: Open

GROUND CLEARANCE: Not to be less than .055” as measured at lowest point.

INTERIORS: Must use a 3 dimensional interior tray. No printed interior. An option is to use resin arms and head. This is to promote a true scale look per our name: northwest true scale racers! OPEN COCKPITS - No cover over the cockpit.

BODY DETAILS: Bodies must be Team Bluegroove .030” thick Lexan and scaled after the Can-Am cars that actually raced in the Can-Am series. The following are highly encouraged but not mandatory. Wheel inserts, roll bars, injection stacks, exhaust pipes, and paint schemes that reflect the period. If a full wing was used on the real car, you may add one if it resembles the original in scale and proportion, but it is not required.

12/2/2022

Eligible Team Bluegroove Can Am bodies as listed on their website:

1/24 PORSCHE 908 BODY.
1/24 FERRARI PB4 LOLA VINTAGE LEXAN BODY
1/24 KING COBRA LOLA VINTAGE LEXAN BODY
1/24 CHARPARRAL 2G VINTAGE LEXAN BODY
1/24 PORSCHE 908 V3 LOLA VINTAGE LEXAN BODY
1/24 McLAREN M6 LOLA VINTAGE LEXAN BODY
1/24 FERRARI 312 LOLA VINTAGE LEXAN BODY
1/24 FERRARI 312/612 LOLA VINTAGE LEXAN BODY
1/24 FERRARI 612 LOLA VINTAGE LEXAN BODY
1/24 McLAREN M12 LOLA VINTAGE LEXAN BODY
1/24 LOLA T70 VINTAGE LEXAN BODY
1/24 LOLA ANTIQUE VINTAGE LEXAN BODY
1/24 FERRARI OPEN COCKPIT VINTAGE LEXAN BODY
1/24 HONKER 2 VINTAGE LEXAN BODY
1/24 LOTUS 40 BODY
1/24 McLAREN M8-A VINTAGE LEXAN BODY
1/24 FERRARI 312P BODY VINTAGE

Team Bluegroove website: https://teambluegroove.com/collections/1-25?page=1

2 (edited by Mitch58 December 4, 2022 8:03 pm)

Re: Can Am Class Changes for 2024 Season!

I already built mine with a Team Bluegroove body last year as I didn't like the "squishy" feeling of the others.

Then you are already ahead of the game Mitch. I am pleased with the changing to Bluegroove bodies, they are nicely done and pretty much indestructible. I am now looking forward to these rule changes for the 2024 season, I will be much happier with the class.

Team Bluegroove is offering the racers in the Can Am Class a 20% discount on bodies purchased through their website. Contact me for the discount code to use on your orders.   =======Bill

Also, I received this info from Marty today:

FYI - I found a decal guy in Canada that has an arrangement with Team Blue Grove, see below. Like Team Blue Groove most of his business is RC, but he can make any scale. My decals were for a cost $8 or $9 for 1/24 Nascar.

Marty

https://mciracing.ca/