1,826 (edited by docdoom August 26, 2022 3:41 pm)

Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread

It summer time and the race count been low all summer long. These odd Thursday  was no exception  with only 5 brave souls battling on the track. The race count may be low but the lap totals  have not. The racing been fierce  and you better bring you A game to the track. Up 1st was pge and it was tight battle for the win with Ricco   just getting the win Over doc by two tenths. I had two offs and that all it took with Ricco running 9 min mistake free.  Up next was sport car 2 and once again it was a fight for the win and it came down to the last heat and last two feet of the track to find out who the winner was. And after the totals  were added up Doc took the win by another two tenths over Al. After that race we Lost a few racers so it was practice and shoot the Bull time. We need to come up with some classes we want to run for the next up coming championship. Some thoughts were given. Some new classes were talked about. We should start a new thread on the matter.

The secondnidator

breaking news Al just text me no racing these Thursday.

The secondnidator

1,828 (edited by docdoom September 17, 2022 10:42 am)

Well we had a light turn out with only 4 die hands making  it out to race so Mitch wife was drafted  into corner Marshall  duty. Up 1st was the over 50 cars and Al took the win  with doc 2nd and then rico and Mitch. The 2nd class was lmp and Doc took the win followed  by Rico Al and Mitch. Last race of the night was open and  Al took the win with Ricco 2nd then doc and mitch..that was it for the. Night.  We discussed  what classes to run and it was decided with lack of input that all classes would be thrown in a hat and be drawn my Al granddaughter.

The secondnidator

Bah,  humbug.

Mitch58 wrote:

Bah,  humbug.

I think Mitch wants  to be the one pulling the classes out of the hat...

The secondnidator

Only if I can peek first.

heads up there is racing these next odd Thursday. not sure why it is not on the Upcoming Events.
classes are CanAm,GFX and OPEN normal start time.. come get some

The secondnidator

Doc, there are issues afoot. Several in our local slot community have come down with Covid. Chris and I seem to be over the worst of it, but others are still very sick. Those who were exposed but aren't sick may still become sick for up to 10 days after exposure.

Race results from Sept.15 , 2022:

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/RRR_IMG_0741.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/RRR_IMG_0742.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/RRR_IMG_0743.jpg

Mitch58 wrote:

Doc, there are issues afoot. Several in our local slot community have come down with Covid. Chris and I seem to be over the worst of it, but others are still very sick. Those who were exposed but aren't sick may still become sick for up to 10 days after exposure.

you all get the crap at  at Daves race Last Saturday. If so I'm glad my work got in the way..

The secondnidator

I don't know Doc,  Chris and I got sick at the same time and she didn't go,  while Al and I rode together and he's fine so far.

Mitch58 wrote:

I don't know Doc,  Chris and I got sick at the same time and she didn't go,  while Al and I rode together and he's fine so far.

well Bill under the weather also . So is the race on Thursday on hold then?

The secondnidator

To be or not to Be? Will we race or will we not that's the question. If you don't have anything  going these  Thursday  come on out and get some slot car racing 1/32 style in..

The secondnidator

Dominic has a football game, so I will not be there

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

1,840 (edited by docdoom September 30, 2022 12:32 pm)

Well racing didn't happen just me and Al at the track so test and tune was in order. With crackers and smoke salmon  to nibble on as we tuned our cars to the razor edges..Let's all try again in two weeks. Hope to see some old faces  that haven't  been out in some times. Don't make me drive out and put hate signs in all of your yards. You all know who you are...

The secondnidator

With all these canceled  races hope you all are doing good health wise..

The secondnidator

Do not see anything on the race calendrer for the next odd Thursday race. what are we racing ?

The secondnidator

Hello is these thing on??????

The secondnidator

It is Doc, Al is camping at the moment and is unavailable for comment.

I've got play rehearsals on Thursdays. I'd love to be racing, but I also love acting, so....

1,846 (edited by docdoom October 8, 2022 11:45 am)

Mitch58 wrote:

It is Doc, Al is camping at the moment and is unavailable for comment.

Camping? When did Al become  homeless????

The secondnidator

We will be racing 19/13/22. We will race LeMans and (PGE for points) For the first half of the season we’ll run PGE and GFX for points. The schedule should be up on calendar soon.

Sounds  like a plan.

The secondnidator

Race results from Oct.13th:

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/rrr_IMG_0748.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/rrr_IMG_0749.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/rrr_IMG_0750.jpg

Even though  the turn out was light the racing was anything but light. Racing was very competitive  all  night long. Those that think these cars are not fast and are boring  need to come out and get a taste.  These are not your 1960 Era  1/32  toy slot cars...

The secondnidator