Topic: trans am up dated rules

well after last Thursday night racing there was some concern that the brass am class would be to open of a class with the builds so it was decided to just go with the 3d chassis class instead. with that being said the rules need up dating.

Body:

Bodies must be injection molded or resin cast in 1/32 scale.
Lightweight interiors allowed, but must be 3 dimensional and painted to show drivers head, shoulders, arms, steering wheel and dash.
Tires must be fully under the fenders. Tires may NOT project beyond body work when viewed from above. Bodies may be realistically flared if proven the car ran that way in T/A from 1966-1976. Group 5-type flaring is NOT permitted
Chassis:

Chassis 3D printed.
Podded chassis are allowed.
motor configuration: IL,
Underside of car chassis and body must clear track road surface (not rails), on level track, by 1.0mm minimum.
Guide must be entirely under body, and NOT visible when viewed from above.
Traction magnets are NOT permitted.
Bearing-type of axle bushings are NOT permitted.
Body Mounting: All chassis MUST be mounted like an RTR car - meaning screws through the chassis to body mounting points and no pins THROUGH the body, Velcro, etc. However, a chassis with side mounts such as the HRS can be used - as long as the pins do NOT go through the body

Gears:

ANY aftermarket gears and ratios of your choice may be used.

Motor:

Any FC-130/S-can or FK-180 long can motor up to 21.5k in RPM is permitted / there is no torque spec.. This will allow for the new Scalextric motors as well as the Piranha, Slot.it and NSR. NOTE: We are aware that motors that may list at a particular RPM can come in higher or lower. Therefore, if the motor is MANUFACTURER RATED at or below 21.5k RPM - it qualifies
Motors may not be opened; only stock motors as the come from the manufacturer are allowed.

Tires:

ONLY Rubber or Urethane Tires permitted
Nail polish or clear coating of front tires is permitted.
Tires are NOT permitted to be wider than 11.0 mm as measured inner-to-outer sidewall

Wheels:

ANY Plastic or aluminum wheels NOT larger than 15mm x 10 mm may be used.
Wheels must have period inserts or look reasonably period for the car - no blank aluminum wheels please.

The secondnidator

Re: trans am up dated rules

I think this is a sensible compromise

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Any body else want to put one together????

The secondnidator

I've had one sitting on the shelf for about 5 years already.

Well dust it off. Sand the glaze of the tires and let go racing... bring next race. What pod does it have?

The secondnidator

6 (edited by Mitch58 September 22, 2022 6:12 pm)

Sidewinder 'cause when I built it all of the scaley trams am cars were sidewinder. I'm building another an SCX Cuda, I may go inline with that one.

docdoom wrote:

Well dust it off. Sand the glaze of the tires and let go racing... bring next race. What pod does it have?

The rules state inline. That can be adjusted if we want to go that way.inline you can get the 1mm ride height rather easy with sidewinder  gear going have to go taller tire to make the gear clear the 1mm rule.

The secondnidator

There are no rules yet Doc.

docdoom wrote:

The rules state inline. That can be adjusted if we want to go that way.inline you can get the 1mm ride height rather easy with sidewinder  gear going have to go taller tire to make the gear clear the 1mm rule.