Topic: The 2022 24 Hours of Tacoma

Hey gang,

Who is joining me this year?  I am working on getting the actual dates from Alan but I am entering a team.  I know I haven't been around too much but this event I will not miss.

Post here or otherwise let me know if you're interested.

Chris

Re: The 2022 24 Hours of Tacoma

As always, Chris, I'll be there, provided the date coincides with my availability.

As always, Chris, I'll be there, provided the date coincides with my availability.

This just in...

Dates are November 10-13, 2022

Do those dates work for you Stan?

Anyone else- who's in?

Full info:  https://132slotcar.us/the-7th-annual-br … -of-tacoma

The dates are good for me. My play is over the weekend before. Hey, it looks like 4 6-hour shifts for each of us...

I may come up this year to watch and perhaps support but not race. I'm good with 3 minute heats but since the stroke the 4 minute heats we run with OSCAR/PACER are taxing. In that last minute I find myself watching the prettiest/flashiest cars on the track rather than mine.

Gang,

So far it's still just Stan and me.  Entry is covered, please come play on the team!  Anyone else interested?

CK

It's now Stan and me plus an out of towner Tony from the SCI forum. 

Is anyone interested in maybe even marshalling for us if an hour of racing is too long?  Any extra bodies would be excellent!

Tacoma 24 starts tomorrow (Thurs) and I need help....

While traveling, I got sick and will not be able to make the 24 this week.  The team is in critical need of people.  If your plans are flexible over the next few days, please consider joining in.  I know it's short notice but life doesn't always work out the way it's supposed to, right?

If you can show up to even just help out with the glamors of marshalling, I know it would be appreciated.

Entry is paid for, just need some bodies to pull some triggers.

Thanks!
Chris

10 (edited by Over 50 Al November 10, 2022 1:12 pm)

Hey guys, it’s not confirmed yet because I’m waiting on test results but it looks like on Thursday 11/17 the race on that night will be canceled for medical reasons hopefully Odd Thursday racing will continue on 12/1. I will let you know as soon as I do.
               Al

Disregard the last post. The race on 11/17 is on !!!

So the 24 hour race is over. The Oregon Donors/BC team finished in 6th place (out of 9), which was actually pretty good considering that we had teammates who had never run the track before. The team consisted of me (Stan), Darren, his son Damian, Ray (who has raced with us before), Jake (from Tualatin), and Alwyn (known as "SuperSlab" on the forums). Darren and Alwyn also raced for a team called "CanAm" that finished in 3rd place. The car (a silver BRM Ferrari 512) was prepared by Darren and another CanAm team member named Dwayne to a really splendid performance. We only had to change braids and tires once, so very few pit stops. For the most part, racing was pretty non-eventful as far as we were concerned; no "offs" to the floor or hard crashes, unlike what happened for other teams. We lost the exhaust detail from a rather tame rear-end, but that was the only real damage the car took.

Damian and Jake had never run the track before, and Damian had not run slot cars for "about 20 years" in his estimation, so their heats were not as successful as we might have hoped. Damian improved markedly over the 24 hours, and Jake was a bit overmatched, but did pretty well considering. We were, in fact, the only team whose performance improved in the second 12-hour session. Had we had a few more drivers of the skill of Darren or Alwyn, our results would have been much better. And if Chris had been able to attend, there's no doubt we would have finished higher.  All in all, an enjoyable time—but we'd love to see more Oregonians next year!

Well done, Donors!

"Big Smooth"

Also, we finished our heats on the slower 6-lane track, as opposed to the quick 8-laner. That was a huge factor in our less that stellar finish.

Monte, several of the racers from other teams (that we've had fun with before) mentioned that they missed seeing you there...

Wtg I was on the other  side of the country  enjoying  the 95% humidity  of Florida  so no way to help out. Good job there guys.

The secondnidator

Would easily have been two places up if you were there, Doc!

you give too much credit most likely been the other way around

The secondnidator