Topic: OSCAR Clubman Race at Inslot's Checkered Flag Raceway

There were 12 racers entered in the Clubman Class race at Inslot's Checkered Flag Raceway on April 9th. In qualifying Terrible Tommy Street set the track record for Clubman class cars with a 4.717 second lap (he actually posted a faster lap during the race, but hey TOO BAD, that don't count!).....

The race format scheduled for use was the standard OSCAR four rounds of 4 minute heats. The rtacing was very close with many door to door on track battles. At the halfway point in the race Turing John was in the lead with 378 laps, followed by Nak Nak (Bob) with 370 laps. In the end, even with some gear problems, John could not be denied the win!

Here are the final results:
1st "Touring John" Gill 749 laps
2nd "Bad Billy" Bostic 745
3rd Bob "Nak Nak" Nakamura 739
4th "Magic Mike" Leech 709
5th Stuart "Stew Meat" Wall 703
6th "Scary Gary" Klein 691
7th "Meat" Al Christensen 682
8th Michael Mitchel 679
9th "Terrible Tommy" Street 663
10th "Bart Man" Ouchida 653
11th "Just Mitch" Brooks 606
12th "Professor Fate" Jim Mitchel 602

Jim Mitchel won the Racer's Choice Award for his beautiful red Ferrari 308. Tom Street was awarded the "Too Bad" Award for well.....obvious reasons!

It was an awesome day of racing for me! I had a really good time! Thank you to all that were able to make it out!

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_0629icfr.jpg

Re: OSCAR Clubman Race at Inslot's Checkered Flag Raceway

Thank you, Bill and Diane, for hosting a great race. Bill, I had a fun time racing against you and congratulations on your 2nd place finish. You earned it!