Topic: Porsche 908 3D Printed Proxy

I have been selected to run a round of the 2021-22 Porsche 908 3D Printed Proxy, featuring cars (all Porsche 908s) that have at least a 3D printed Porsche body, and may have other parts printed. The cars are on their way to me now, and i was just wondering if there would be any interest in folks driving?

There are only 7 cars in the proxy, so it won't take much time. I will probably hold it on a weekend, as that's when I have more time to fool around with the track.

Any interest? It'll probably be within the next couple of weeks.

Stan
stumbley1949@gmail.com

Re: Porsche 908 3D Printed Proxy

I'll come Stan

Great! Thanks, Mitch!

Okay, I have dates free for 2/22 thru 2/28. Anybody free for running the proxy on any of those days?

What does everybody think about Thursday, 2/24? We could run it like an "Even Thursday" race. I'll have snacks and stuff available. If we can get 5 or 6 people, that would be great; 4 drivers and a couple of marshals should do the trick.

Any interest?

Stan lot guys  don't vist the forum much anymore. Best bet would to come out these  Thursday  and talk to the racers.

The secondnidator

Does that mean you can participate, since you're here?

:^)

nope going be out of town till Sunday sorry

The secondnidator

stumbley wrote:

What does everybody think about Thursday, 2/24? We could run it like an "Even Thursday" race. I'll have snacks and stuff available. If we can get 5 or 6 people, that would be great; 4 drivers and a couple of marshals should do the trick.

Any interest?

We already have the crap car proxy scheduled for that date

What chip do you need in your controller to run 1/32? I might be able to make it.

How many cars are there Stan? Maybe since Mitch is running a proxy at his track. Maybe  you can just run those there also. Kill both at the same time.

The secondnidator

OP says 7 cars Doc

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

We could run the crap car and the Porsche 908 together, I guess. Since there are only 7 cars, it won't take long. If not, I will have to wait until after 3/12, as we're going to Boulder City to go through my father-in-law's stuff (he passed away last Thursday). Might be best to wait until March.

there is only 16 cars in the other proxy, check with mitch but i see no reason that both can't get done in the same night

The secondnidator

Your welcome to bring them over, I was going to set up an Iroc since there were only 16 cars. We can do both proxies instead. When are you leaving for CO Stan?

It's Boulder City Nevada, Mitch. I'll be there from 3/2 to 3/12. I'll try to qualify the cars before then, so we have an idea of what order to run them in.

Do you want help with that?

stumbley wrote:

It's Boulder City Nevada, Mitch. I'll be there from 3/2 to 3/12. I'll try to qualify the cars before then, so we have an idea of what order to run them in.

I'll have time after our next Airbnb guest leaves on the 21st. You're running the crap car proxy on the 24th, right?

Yes, the 24th regular Thursday time.

If I qualify the cars on my track, then run the proxy on Al's, do you think people will think that's unfair? I don't think we'll have time to qualify and run 2 proxies on Thursday.

stumbley wrote:

If I qualify the cars on my track, then run the proxy on Al's, do you think people will think that's unfair? I don't think we'll have time to qualify and run 2 proxies on Thursday.

I believe you may have meant to say "run the proxy at Mitch's".

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

That's right, it's an "even" Thursday. So if I qualify at my track and run at Mitch's do people think that's not "right"? The tracks are different, but the cars should qualify pretty much the same on ANY track, right?

They should be fine  doing that. Worst case  just say nothing about the qualifying the cars and running on two different  tracks..

The secondnidator

The purpose of qualifying is to get car that run closest to each other on the track at the same time. My timing system tends to scramble the cars no matter what order I enter them in.  I'll have to check that out tomorrow. 

But no to your question, it shouldn't matter.

Mitch, what time are you running the proxy?