Topic: Upgrades for Ninco Classic Wheels/Tires

This has undoubtedly been posted before, but what can I do to upgrade Ninco Classic wheels and tires?

What do others use wheel-wise, and what tires fit? Either I'm an idiot (pretty probable) or I just don't know where to look, but I can't seem to find dimensions for aluminum wheels that duplicate Ninco classics, and given that, don't know what tires to choose to put on those wheels.

Help!

Re: Upgrades for Ninco Classic Wheels/Tires

Any 15x7 wheels. On some of the larger cars you can go 15x8. You will want fresh 3/32 axles as the ninco are knurled.
  As for brand,  Slot It,  NSR,  CB Design,  Staffs,  SRC. They will all fit.
Pendles has most of those plus insert wheels with many many choices and styles to build just about anything you want.

Slotcarcorner

The secondnidator

Thanks!

5 (edited by Mitch58 January 6, 2022 7:30 am)

Tires...
  I missed that part.  If you are looking for Paul Gage urethanes, Slot Car Corner has a little box to click that will tell you what tire to order for almost any car or wheel size. I don't know if Monte has been casting BOSA urethanes or what he may have left in stock but he does have a reference "chart" regarding tire sizes and fitment.
If you want to stay with rubber several of us have had good results with NSR tires, they make many sizes that will fit 15x8 or 17x8 and wider wheels.
8.5mm is the narrowest tire they make so for the 7mm tires I go to Pendles in the UK for the 15x7 PCS tires, they also have 14x7 wheels and tires for the very small cars or to get that guide just a bit deeper into the slot without altering your chassis. Once trued they have pretty good grip. More than enough of a stock or somewhat modified Ninco classic.

I have a LOT of Ninco Classic tires in BOSA format.

"Big Smooth"

BTW the stock Ninco tire trues up very nicely and have good grip but the as they were the spec tire for many proxies over the years the 7mm tires are getting very hard to find.