Re: vote to allow thunderslot cars in can am

Amen. brother, amen.

At least until something faster comes along.

"Big Smooth"

I ran mine in the class as a test to see how it would go ran 6.2 all day with it. Best I could get with my slot it were 6.3 with my average  in the 6.4's. With that all said they are close. But in the end AL ran a perfect race with no de slots and I also had perfect  run and ended up taking the win by three  laps when it was all said and done. So I'm on the fence and will let the club vote on what to do.  We still need to see what a well tuned nsr can am will do. That may be another can of worms...

The secondnidator

And one of the things is the Thunderslots don't even have to be well tuned, just taken out of the box and put on the track.  The NSR's may be similar.

Maybe the Can Am class should just be Slot.It cars, there are plenty of those to go around.

Well tuned ones, of course.

"Big Smooth"

Mmm I wonder what kind of times a thunderslot would do just pulling it out of the package and running it

The secondnidator

Anyone have a Thunderslot that's NOT a Lola? I'd like to get one of their cars, but would like it to be different...

Yes I think Mitch has all 4 models.

The secondnidator

How's the performance of the others, Mitch?

4 models? What do they make besides the Lola and Elvas?

34 (edited by docdoom September 24, 2021 5:40 pm)

I can tell that just switching from the coup to the spider body i picked up a full second with my car. The  McLaren m6a is a little wider but looking at the on going can am proxy have good showing of both models running in the top 5.. so I say there really close if not dead even..

The secondnidator

So they make the Lola T70 in the coupe version as well as the Can Am version? So they make 3 different models? Two different T70s and the Elva?

So they make the Lola T70 in the coupe version as well as the Can Am version? So they make 3 different models? Two different T70s and the Elva?

LOLA T70 MKIII
LOLA T70 CAN-AM
McLaren M6A
McLaren ELVA Mk.I CAN-AM

The secondnidator

Thanks Doc!

I'll say this , I give much credit to Thunderslot for building cars that compete with both NSR and Slot.It without copying the exact formula.

I seem to recall letting our favorite South American run my car one night and without any practice at all and he was kicking some tail as well.

"Big Smooth"

40 (edited by Mitch58 September 25, 2021 7:20 pm)

I have both Lolas, Coupe & Spyder, the McLaren and the Elva. Out of the box they all run very similar. The blue Lola Spyder is the only one I've done much tinkering with .
   I've added and removed weight a dozen times. I've copied and altered what Chris Walker posted online. Last Thursday It ran several 6.1s including a 6.10.
  I imagine that with similar tuning they are all capable of the same performance.