1 (edited by Mitch58 August 1, 2021 6:33 am)

Topic: New Timing System @ Allenbrook Raceway

Finally after a couple of years of my timing system not controlling power it's fixed. I had it working with UR but at some point The computer stopped seeing it so I reverted to Race Coordinator. It would count laps but not interface with the relay that shuts off the track.
  Over a year ago I bought the Trackmate hardware and started the installation, actually I prepared the present wiring to make installation easier but somewhere I got distracted and never finished.
  So a couple of days ago Al came over and we crawled under the track and finished the installation. I also downloaded the Trackmate software and have run several mock races and practice sessions. It appears to be working flawlessly.
  So by the next NASTE race we'll be ready.

Also sometime later this month (August) I'll be receiving the DeVols NASCAR proxy cars in the mail and will be looking for a group of racers to run those.  We don't race NASCAR here as a group but these guys build some quick smooth cars. I entered a car a couple of years ago.
  It was fast and smooth and managed to finish last in every race.
  In my defense, I had never built a car for an oval track (all they ran that year) and while the other cars weighed 95 grams, mine was 130. So you learn and move on.

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/mitchtracklapcounter.jpg

Post's attachments

224649290_10223637724185740_4683612555657208261_n.jpg 64.22 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: New Timing System @ Allenbrook Raceway

Nicely done guys!